Satellite dish on tripod - recommendations please.

Old October 9th 05, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les

Default Satellite dish on tripod - recommendations please.

I would welcome advice on which Satellite dish and tripod to purchase
for use in the UK.

Are 53cm dishes good enough for reception in the Scottish Highlands or
do I need a 60cm?

Some tripods look flimsy. Would welcome advice on this. BTW, do they
blow over?

Can anyone recommend a particular supplier?

TIA

Les
Old October 9th 05, 08:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Les" wrote in message
I would welcome advice on which Satellite dish and tripod to purchase
for use in the UK.

Are 53cm dishes good enough for reception in the Scottish Highlands or
do I need a 60cm?

Some tripods look flimsy. Would welcome advice on this. BTW, do they
blow over?

Buy a piece of 2" aluminium tube say 3 foot long, place it in the jockey
wheel clamp and fix dish to this.

Sky have 2 dish sizes.
The larger one, even though it looks smaller than the normal round 60cm.
type, I'm told it recieves better than a 60cm.

Please reply to News Group

Old October 9th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 08:17:50 GMT, "David"
wrote:

Buy a piece of 2" aluminium tube say 3 foot long, place it in the jockey
wheel clamp and fix dish to this.

Thanks David.

But I don't have a jockey wheel on my Hymermobil.

Les

Old October 9th 05, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 09:09:10 +0100, Les
wrote:

Are 53cm dishes good enough for reception in the Scottish Highlands or
do I need a 60cm?

Some tripods look flimsy. Would welcome advice on this. BTW, do they
blow over?

Everything blows over in the Scottish Highlands:
http://www.geocities.com/paulrooney2003/Damage.JPG

You'll need to anchore it somehow.
--

Paul Rooney

Old October 9th 05, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Les" wrote in message
..

But I don't have a jockey wheel on my Hymermobil.

Sorry.
Well when mounting my pole on my jockey wheeel clamp sometimes I can't get
reception as the caravan is not faceing south. So I then use a metal
Christmas tree mount, and and use 4 awning pegs to secure it to the ground.
Another solution would be one of those cast iron bases for patio umbrellers.

Please reply to News Group

Old October 9th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les

On Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:57:50 GMT, "David"
wrote:

"Les" wrote in message
.. .
.

But I don't have a jockey wheel on my Hymermobil.

Sorry.
Well when mounting my pole on my jockey wheeel clamp sometimes I can't get
reception as the caravan is not faceing south. So I then use a metal
Christmas tree mount, and and use 4 awning pegs to secure it to the ground.
Another solution would be one of those cast iron bases for patio umbrellers.

LOL, David, no way am I going to cart a cast iron base around! It will
have to be a tripod or nothing!

Les