12 v Query

Old October 9th 05, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GJ

Default 12 v Query

I replaced my Carver water intake and filter housing this morning on my
Lunar Solar caravan (1998). The old one was split due to over
tightening........but it leaked before I tightened it but that's another
story! My query is that I foolishly removed the old one without noting which
wires were connected positive /negative and then was unsure how to re -
connect!! There are 2 wires, one orange and the other orange with a white
stripe. Eventually I decided that the orange and white was negative,
although I could not really fathom out the wiring diagram!! Could anybody
confirm which way the wires should be connected?

GJ

Old October 9th 05, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

GJ wrote:

I replaced my Carver water intake and filter housing this morning on
my Lunar Solar caravan (1998). The old one was split due to over
tightening........but it leaked before I tightened it but that's
another story! My query is that I foolishly removed the old one
without noting which wires were connected positive /negative and then
was unsure how to re - connect!! There are 2 wires, one orange and
the other orange with a white stripe. Eventually I decided that the
orange and white was negative, although I could not really fathom out
the wiring diagram!! Could anybody confirm which way the wires should
be connected?

GJ

Isn't it just a case of 'sucking it and seeing' - and reversing the polarity
if it pumps in the wrong direction?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old October 10th 05, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Hitch Lock brought next idea :
Isn't it just a case of 'sucking it and seeing' - and reversing the polarity
if it pumps in the wrong direction?

--

If the pump is of the centrifugal type, either direction of rotation
will pump only in one direction.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Old October 10th 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
johnh

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Hitch Lock brought next idea :
Isn't it just a case of 'sucking it and seeing' - and reversing the

polarity
if it pumps in the wrong direction?

--

If the pump is of the centrifugal type, either direction of rotation
will pump only in one direction.

reversing the polarity of diaphragm pumps won't change the flow either!

Old October 10th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

johnh wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Hitch Lock brought next idea :
Isn't it just a case of 'sucking it and seeing' - and reversing the
polarity if it pumps in the wrong direction?

--

If the pump is of the centrifugal type, either direction of rotation
will pump only in one direction.

reversing the polarity of diaphragm pumps won't change the flow
either!

In that case, does the polarity matter, at all?
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old October 10th 05, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

johnh was thinking very hard :
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Hitch Lock brought next idea :
Isn't it just a case of 'sucking it and seeing' - and reversing the
polarity if it pumps in the wrong direction?

--

If the pump is of the centrifugal type, either direction of rotation
will pump only in one direction.

reversing the polarity of diaphragm pumps won't change the flow either!

It does though affect the direction of flow of an axial pump ;-)