Watch what Calor charge you as well.

Old October 12th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Watch what Calor charge you as well.

Our local Calor main agent is at it as well as Flogas dealers.
The price on the Calor web site for a 6kg propane delivered is 12-99.
The price at the main dealers depot is 13-80 when you call in person. When
ask why dearer "the web price is Calors recomended price but we charge what
we want to."
So in future I will order via Calor web site for a home delivery.
Incidently it will be the firm who in the showroom charge more!

Please reply to News Group

Old October 12th 05, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

David wrote:

Our local Calor main agent is at it as well as Flogas dealers.
The price on the Calor web site for a 6kg propane delivered is 12-99.
The price at the main dealers depot is 13-80 when you call in
person. When ask why dearer "the web price is Calors recomended
price but we charge what we want to."
So in future I will order via Calor web site for a home delivery.
Incidently it will be the firm who in the showroom charge more!

I was charged 19.99 by Focus for a bottle of Patio Gas which is on the
Calor website at 17.49 inc. VAT, delivered. However, Focus's "price
promise" only applies if you can buy it cheaper within 5 miles of the
store - and 'on-line' doesn't count, and the nearest Calor depot is 20 miles
away. Fortunately, I managed to find a local garage selling it for 17 - and
got 3 quid back from Focus.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old October 12th 05, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Hitch Lock" wrote in message
David wrote:

[...]

Very clever marketing- patio gas. I don't understand the price differential
from propane at 15.99.

We bought a patio heater during a caravan meet. The campsite didn't have any
patio gas, but he gave me a 13kg bottle of propane for the price of a refill
and threw in a regulator. So I've stuck to my red bottles even though I have
to screw on the regulator rather than clip it on.

Incidentally my most recent refill is in a blue bottle painted red, because
you can see the blue coming through where the red is chipping off. Is Butane
going out of favour and Calor having to 'convert' bottles?

Neb

Old October 12th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Nebulous" wrote in message

.. Is Butane
going out of favour and Calor having to 'convert' bottles?

I use propane because what ever size you get it is the same regulator.
Also propane better than butane in winter. ( Butane can freeze)

Please reply to News Group

Old October 12th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

'Very clever marketing- patio gas. I don't understand the price differential
from propane at 15.99.'

I agree. Just stick a different fitting on it, paint it a different colour,
give it a trendy name and then sell it at outlets for an extortionate price
at the likes of homebase. Clearly a successfull marketing exercise.
I'm lucky in that my wife works for a builders merchants, so we get it at
cost, but the funniest thing is that they never ask for the empties so I
sell them on for a fiver, making the overall payment a few pounds for a 6Kg
propane.

Old October 12th 05, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Nebulous wrote:

Very clever marketing- patio gas. I don't understand the price
differential from propane at 15.99.

We bought a patio heater during a caravan meet. The campsite didn't
have any patio gas, but he gave me a 13kg bottle of propane for the
price of a refill and threw in a regulator. So I've stuck to my red
bottles even though I have to screw on the regulator rather than clip
it on.

I would have been tempted to run it from my spare caravan propane bottle and
spare regulator - but we bought the patio heater at the last minute for use
on a specific occasion and I couldn't risk it not working, so we bought the
'proper' gas. If my calculations are correct, the rated max flow rate of a
caravan regulator isn't quite high enough for a patio heater - but one's
specified as mass flow and the other as volume flow, just to confuse you!
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock