X Trail

Old October 16th 05, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

Default X Trail

"Roy" wrote in message
Richard said the following on 16/10/2005 13:45:
"Roy" wrote in message

David Klyne said the following on 15/10/2005 14:48:

Sorry to bang on but most caravans chassis are not designed to run with
150kg of nose weight. Most are restricted to within the 100/125kgs.

I seem to remember making this point a few months back, but was met by
opposition, unfortunately I cannot remember or find the thread.

Roy

_But_ I guess caravanning is not the only activity a 4X4 is designed for
...... Richard

A towbar is designed for towing

snip

Indeed ........ _but_ not necessarily a caravan .......... & not necessarily
on the main highway. For example, maybe you want to move your 30'
cruiser/yacht out onto dry dock for maintenance, and you want to do it as
safely as possible because it represents an enormous investment ........ not
a tin pot 15k like a caravan. Towing a caravan is just one example of
towing.

Stay well ............. Richard

Old October 17th 05, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

"Roy" wrote in message

[...]

We are in danger of drifting away here! - point was that tow hitches
have a max weight limit (alko stamped on casting) for caravans usually
75 - 150 dependant on hitch model.

Regards Roy

Old October 17th 05, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Roy" wrote in message

[...]

I'll pretend I didn't read that ............ Richard

Old October 18th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Roy
writes
"Roy" wrote in message

David Klyne said the following on 15/10/2005 14:48:

Sorry to bang on but most caravans chassis are not designed to run with
150kg of nose weight. Most are restricted to within the 100/125kgs.

I seem to remember making this point a few months back, but was met
by opposition, unfortunately I cannot remember or find the thread.

Roy

_But_ I guess caravanning is not the only activity a 4X4 is designed
for ...... Richard

A towbar is designed for towing............ and attacking shins!

Roy

And putting grease on trousers - until ALKO had to get smart.
And smashing the bumpers of idiots who run into the back of you,
although Land Rovers do a good job on that score without a tow bar.
--
hugh

Old November 14th 05, 02:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon

"Strom" wrote in message
Hello Like to know what the X Trail is like for towing anybody got one

THX.

I have the diesel but cannot get more than 37mpg. The car tows like a

dream I'm very impressed.