X Trail

Old October 13th 05, 06:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Strom

Default X Trail

Hello Like to know what the X Trail is like for towing anybody got one THX.

Old October 13th 05, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

Very good tow car but the petrol version is very thirsty

Old October 13th 05, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

Old October 14th 05, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin

Hello Like to know what the X Trail is like for towing anybody got one
THX.

Supposed to be quite good but they are not THX approved, you need Lexicon
and similar stuff for that!

Old October 14th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Strom" wrote in message
Hello Like to know what the X Trail is like for towing anybody got one

THX.

Got our X-Trail Sport 2.2DCi in June 2004 and have so far towed about 7000
miles with it, mainly in Europe. Really excellent towcar (Eccles Topaz
1325kgs). Economy varies between 24 and 28 mpg depending on conditions and
speed. Loads of grunt, sixth gear towing from 50mph no problem.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old October 14th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey

"Strom" wrote in message ...
Hello Like to know what the X Trail is like for towing anybody got one THX.

Got the 2.2 diesel SVE. Tugs a 'van around 1300kgs - it's brilliant.
Old October 14th 05, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey

Old October 14th 05, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Strom" wrote in message
Hello Like to know what the X Trail is like for towing anybody got one
THX.

The later Xtrail 2.2 Diesel (when BHP was increased) would be the by far the
best option from that range. However, using the 85% 'guideline' would
indicate that 1300Kg (ish) is about right (not brilliant compared to others)
and the max nose weight is low (100Kgs) compared to others. These later
Xtrail diesels do have a higher max tow weight (for short pulls) but that
doesn't seem very compatible with the max nose weight .... which stayed the
same at 100Kgs (compared to others). I haven't the figure for GTW of the
later 2.2D but would look at that carefully. I do know that the Xtrail does
score on 'inside room' (compared to others) _if you need it_ but the
longevity of the seat fabric has been criticised along with the rear floor
pan which apparently can be easily damaged/scratched (mainly cosmetic) in
normal use. I also understand (3rd hand but from a Nissan dealer) that
Nissan plan to discontinue the diesel engine in the Primera (later this
year) due to 'ongoing problems' ..... and was told 'fixes' are being done
'on the fly'. I understand they do not plan to discontinue the same unit in
the Xtrail, and if all this is true/genuine information that I was given _I
guess_ removing the unit from a SUV would be a bit of a marketing disaster.

Still this all provides 'room for thought'

Nothing is ever simple is it?

Richard