Picasso 2.0Hdi

Old October 15th 05, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
White Stork

Default Picasso 2.0Hdi

Have just been given a new company car that i can use for towing and
holidays as with previous vehicles, question is, is there anyone out there
towing with a Picasso 2.0Hdi and if so whats your opinion?

Thanks Bob

Old October 15th 05, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"White Stork" wrote in message
Have just been given a new company car that i can use for towing and
holidays as with previous vehicles, question is, is there anyone out there
towing with a Picasso 2.0Hdi and if so whats your opinion?

Thanks Bob

Hi Bob,
I had a 1.6 Picasso that I towed with, was ok but a bit under
powered...so I would have thought that the 2 ltr would be fine.
I suppose it all depends on what van you intend towing with the Picasso, I
have a 1991 Marauder 380/2 which is light and easy to tow, I now use a 1.6
Vauxhall Zafira to tow it, which imho is a lot better than the Picasso 1.6,
If I had a 2ltr Picasso...i would have been happy to tow with that tho

GS.

Old October 15th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr W Z Boson

White Stork wrote:
Have just been given a new company car that i can use for towing and
holidays as with previous vehicles, question is, is there anyone out there
towing with a Picasso 2.0Hdi and if so whats your opinion?

Thanks Bob

Have a look on .....

http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso/

.... there are lots of opinions about the Picasso there - including
towing

Old October 17th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"White Stork" wrote in message
Have just been given a new company car that i can use for towing and
holidays as with previous vehicles, question is, is there anyone out there
towing with a Picasso 2.0Hdi and if so whats your opinion?

This is from a friend of mine:

"We have the 2.0hdi on a 53 reg. and it has never been any problem. Our van
is a bailey pageant bordeaux 03 which is probably as heavy a van as you
should tow being about 1123 kg."

Looking at http://www.cuddles.abelgratis.net/bailey.htm#pageant02 the figure
he quoted is the MIRO. The MTPLM for this van is around 1340kg. As he has
been 'vanning for a number of years I would say that this info *should* be
fairly good.

--
HTH
Ian B