No Orange Cable

Old August 17th 03, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default No Orange Cable

As there is no FAQ to this newsgroup, I have put together a sieries of sig
files which should on running without an orange cable.

My Propane v Butane sig has been accepted without comment

Comments please.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(1 of 8) You can
camp without that cable. Charge your battery before you leave, Your new
110Ah Battery will last most people for a weekend, very few a week. For
longer than that you will have to recharge the battery somehow.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(2 of 8) Use gas
for as many things as possible. Make sure that the your electric
appliances will run off 12 Volts.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(3 of 8) How much
charge? 110AH=1320wattHours. Find how many watts/amps each appliance
uses from lablels or instructions. Multiply these by the hours each is
used daily. Add daily charge used by appliances together. You should
replace this charge averaged over 2-3 days.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(4 of 8)Invertors.
These change 12V DC to 240V AC. They work quite well. They waste some
charge. Most 12V appliances are designed to be more economical than
equivalent 240V appliances.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(5 of 8) Two
batteries. An extra battery can be charged in the back of the car via a
split charge relay. The tiny amounts of hydrogen produced, should cause no
problems. Boat batteries will dump this overboard via a plastic tube. Swap
batteries daily or at slightest sign of low voltage. Batteries are heavy
and cumbersome.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(6 of 8) Solar
cells These are rated pointing directly at full sun, which rarely happens
in UK. You will need *big* cells 25 watts or preferably more. Use (3) to
estimate size required

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(7 of 8) Wind
Power. The wind does not blow all the time. You will need 25Watts or
preferably more. Use (3) to estimate size required.

Dave Fawthrop No Orange Cable(8 of 8) Wireing.
TVs etc. need as many volts as possible. Thin long wires have a high
voltage drop. If possible add extra wireing for TV of thick wires
?2 sq mm? or preferably more, and as short runs as practicable.

Dave F
Old August 18th 03, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smk

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
news
Comments please.

I don't think you'd really want to hear them....

Old August 18th 03, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Smk

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:53:59 +0100, "Smk" wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| news |
| Comments please.
|

| I don't think you'd really want to hear them....

I will take that as approval.

Do.

And do also feel free to post such gems as 'Wind Power:, The wind does not
blow all the time'.

What about a Fawthrop Weather FAQ? - 'The rain does not fall all the time'
?.........

Old August 19th 03, 05:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Count Otto von Krappenhausen

OK with me

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes

--
Count Otto von Krappenhausen ** Abort in Luxis **

Dictated by him and typed in his absence while occupied on lavatorial affairs
of state.

Old August 19th 03, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helgina Koosmaen

Dave Fawthrop wrote in
:

Count Otto von Krappenhausen also wrote:|

| And do also feel free to post such gems as 'Wind Power:, The wind
| does not
| blow all the time'.

Pleasing idiots, pedants *and* selective snippers is almost impossible
:-((((

Reading this followup Dave, we can be assured that Otto does have wind
blowing all the time, but not the kind you'd want to turn a small propeller
with - too brown!

Helly.