Caravan for visiting London please.

Old October 17th 05, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
pistonbroke

Default Caravan for visiting London please.

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a caravan site suitable for
visiting London. Somewhere near a tube or train station would be ideal, and
a CL site would be fine. I would like Mains hook-up, but not too bothered
about anything else.

Regards,
Keith.

Old October 17th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 10:39:10 GMT, "pistonbroke"
wrote:

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a caravan site suitable for
visiting London. Somewhere near a tube or train station would be ideal, and
a CL site would be fine. I would like Mains hook-up, but not too bothered
about anything else.

You couldtry the CC site at Crystal Palace. Open toalland a very
pleasant place WWW.caravanclub.co.uk

(remove the spam to reply)

Old October 17th 05, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alex Heney

wrote:

I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for a caravan site suitable for
visiting London. Somewhere near a tube or train station would be ideal, and
a CL site would be fine. I would like Mains hook-up, but not too bothered
about anything else.

There is a Caravan and Camping Club site at Chertsey, right on the
banks of the Thames. It is about 3/4 of a mile (my estimate) from
Chertsey railway station. Or you can drive about 5/6 miles to Richmond
to get onto the tube network.

There is another site (commercial) about half a mile away, the other
side of the river. I can't remember the name.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere...

Old October 17th 05, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

CC site at Denham (Wyatt's Covert) if you're a member - very useful for west
side of London as it's an easy drive down the A40 into London, or stop off
at any of several tube stations en route.

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere.