Sky Satalite

Old October 19th 05, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
arthur norman

Default Sky Satalite

I have just acquired a pace 1000 minibox which I only want to run on 12v.
The instruction book quotes a supply of 12v +/- 5% i.e. 11.4-12.6v since a
fully charged battery can be 13v will it damage the minibox or should I
reduce the supply?

I know I need a free to view card (are these still 20) to receive ITV but
with out one there is no sign of ITV on the EPG & if I go to 103 witch is
the ITV channel It say "unavailable" yet for ITV2 ITV3 etc it says "insert
card".Is this normal & if I get one of these card will I be able to receive
ITV?

Old October 19th 05, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:15:56 GMT, "arthur norman"
wrote:

| I have just acquired a pace 1000 minibox which I only want to run on 12v.
| The instruction book quotes a supply of 12v +/- 5% i.e. 11.4-12.6v since a
| fully charged battery can be 13v will it damage the minibox or should I
| reduce the supply?

It would be very difficult to reduce the voltage. as it has not blown up
yet, it should be OK.
There will be a voltage drop in the wires, so you probably have under 12.6V
at the STB.

| I know I need a free to view card (are these still 20) to receive ITV but
| with out one there is no sign of ITV on the EPG & if I go to 103 witch is
| the ITV channel It say "unavailable" yet for ITV2 ITV3 etc it says "insert
| card".Is this normal & if I get one of these card will I be able to receive
| ITV?

If the "pace 1000 minibox" has a slot for a freesatfromsky card these
should appear when you get one.

ITV and the BBC will start freesat sometime next year,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4221722.stm

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Old October 19th 05, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 19th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/ for lots of useful info.

--

D--------------------------------------
It has removed 353 spam emails to date.

Old October 19th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:16:12 +0100, "Jim" wrote:

| "arthur norman" wrote in message
| I have just acquired a pace 1000 minibox which I only want to run on
| 12v.
| The instruction book quotes a supply of 12v +/- 5% i.e. 11.4-12.6v since
| fully charged battery can be 13v will it damage the minibox or should I
| reduce the supply?
|
| I know I need a free to view card (are these still 20) to receive ITV
| but
| with out one there is no sign of ITV on the EPG & if I go to 103 witch
| is
| the ITV channel It say "unavailable" yet for ITV2 ITV3 etc it says
| "insert
| card".Is this normal & if I get one of these card will I be able to
| receive
| ITV?
|

| See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/ for lots of useful info.

Which is also to be found at
http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/
with a more memorable URL

Old October 19th 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 19th 05, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:16:12 +0100, "Jim" wrote:

| "arthur norman" wrote in message
| I have just acquired a pace 1000 minibox which I only want to run on
| 12v.
| The instruction book quotes a supply of 12v +/- 5% i.e. 11.4-12.6v

since
| fully charged battery can be 13v will it damage the minibox or should

| reduce the supply?
|
| I know I need a free to view card (are these still 20) to receive ITV
| but
| with out one there is no sign of ITV on the EPG & if I go to 103 witch
| is
| the ITV channel It say "unavailable" yet for ITV2 ITV3 etc it says
| "insert
| card".Is this normal & if I get one of these card will I be able to
| receive
| ITV?
|

| See http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/ for lots of useful info.

Which is also to be found at
http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/
with a more memorable URL

Thanks for that m8, nice site
cheers
lofty

Old October 19th 05, 11:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lofty