Wanted: 4 berth caravan ...

Old October 19th 05, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Default Wanted: 4 berth caravan ...

Hi all,

As the subject says, we're after a 4 berth caravan. We're not worried by
make, age, looks etc, and it doesn't have to be fully kitted out, an oven,
for instance, is not really required.

What we do want is for it to be dry and solid. We also need two full length
berths that can convert to a double bed and two more, preferably full
length, but not essential, single bunks or berths. We will want full
electrics, 12v and 240v, 3-way fridge, gas rings and grill and a toilet
space, if not a fitted cassette loo, and as much storage space as possible.
Anything else, including layout is mostly immaterial to us really as it'll
only be used as a 'pits' for when we're racing most weekends and an
occasional cheap week or spare weekend away. We already have all the kit to
go with it though a properly fitted awning might be useful.

Of most importance is good quality and well-maintained chassis, wheels,
tyres, brakes and fittings. We travel maybe 10 to 12000 miles a year with
our current caravan, so want something that will stand the pace within a
couple of weeks of purchase without me having to do too much to fettle it.
I don't mind if someone's done their own servicing, so long as it's been
done correctly, I do my own after all, and will check wheel bearings etc
when I come to view.

Budget is flexible to about £5000 but we'd prefer to only spend £2000 ...
being tight-fisted buggers ...

We live in Doncaster and can travel anywhere in UK to view or collect the
right 'van, but would prefer to see some pictures first and an idea of
what's with the 'van and what price is being looked for.

Cheers.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old October 25th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Phillip Kyle

"Paul - xxx" verbally sodomised in
:

[...]

Try adverts.

--
Phil Kyle™

http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

"The truly racist person is one Helene Rudlin, who admits it."
- Neil Barker

"I wonder - is there perhaps some form of cosmetic surgery we can pay for,
so that Helene can actually become a coon ?"
- Neil Barker