"BIG" 4x4 tow car....anyone ?

Old October 21st 05, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

Default "BIG" 4x4 tow car....anyone ?

Hi all
Looking to swop our sorento for a bigger 4x4...
our criteria are 7 seats (rear row folding flat into floor, preferably not
side-stored), and the wider the better so we can get 3 kids seats in the
second row.
we've got the shortlist down to the following vehicles...

Mitsu' Shogun LWB Di-D
Landrover Disco3
Toyotal Landcruiser
Nissan Pathfinder

Can anybody think of any other "big" 4x4s that will tow a 1600kg twin axle
van, or comment on experiences towing with any of the above ?

Cheers - much appreciated

Steve

Old October 21st 05, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:10:11 GMT, "Steve Bowyer"
wrote:

Hi all
Looking to swop our sorento for a bigger 4x4...
our criteria are 7 seats (rear row folding flat into floor, preferably not
side-stored), and the wider the better so we can get 3 kids seats in the
second row.
we've got the shortlist down to the following vehicles...

Mitsu' Shogun LWB Di-D
Landrover Disco3
Toyotal Landcruiser
Nissan Pathfinder

Can anybody think of any other "big" 4x4s that will tow a 1600kg twin axle
van, or comment on experiences towing with any of the above ?

Nissan Patrol. The Pathfinde isn't all that big.
--

Paul Rooney

Old October 21st 05, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
Hi all
Looking to swop our sorento for a bigger 4x4...
our criteria are 7 seats (rear row folding flat into floor, preferably not
side-stored), and the wider the better so we can get 3 kids seats in the
second row.
we've got the shortlist down to the following vehicles...

Mitsu' Shogun LWB Di-D
Landrover Disco3
Toyotal Landcruiser
Nissan Pathfinder

Can anybody think of any other "big" 4x4s that will tow a 1600kg twin axle
van, or comment on experiences towing with any of the above ?

Cheers - much appreciated

Steve

Just interested to know whether the seating arrangement are the only reason
for the change?

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old October 21st 05, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

"David Klyne" wrote
Just interested to know whether the seating arrangement are the only
reason
for the change?

David - Milton Keynes

Essentially yes - we've grown the family and are physically struggling to
get all car seats for the kids across the back without the middle seat belt
acting as a garrot for whoever sits in the middle ! It just doesn't seem
right to me !
Plus we also need a bigger boot for all the kit n caboodle that the extra
kiddy needs carrying around everywhere.

Residuals for a 12m old Sorento ?........don't even ask !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers n beers

Steve

Old October 21st 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe Taylor

"Steve Bowyer" wrote in message
Hi all
Looking to swop our sorento for a bigger 4x4...
our criteria are 7 seats (rear row folding flat into floor, preferably not
side-stored), and the wider the better so we can get 3 kids seats in the
second row.
we've got the shortlist down to the following vehicles...

Mitsu' Shogun LWB Di-D
Landrover Disco3
Toyotal Landcruiser
Nissan Pathfinder

Can anybody think of any other "big" 4x4s that will tow a 1600kg twin axle
van, or comment on experiences towing with any of the above ?

Cheers - much appreciated

Steve

I think the Izusu Trooper is another 4x4 to add to your list............

Joe

Old October 21st 05, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Bowyer

"Joe Taylor" wrote
I think the Izusu Trooper is another 4x4 to add to your list............

Joe

I didn't think they were still making them ? We know somebody with a
Citation who swears by it ?