Storage in France

Old October 21st 05, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

Default Storage in France

Hi all,
An ex-pat friend of mine living 30 miles South of Poitier has recently
purchased a barn adjoining his property and has asked me what interest there
would be in covered storage in the area. What do you think?

Rich

Old October 25th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:40:59 GMT, "Rich"
wrote:

I guess this means "no interest"?

More likely it means that this is a special interest to only a small
number of people, it's posted here and someone may at sometime pick up
on it, you never know. There are usuallly requets for places to store
in France each year so it becomes a case of just wait and see.

Rich
"Rich" wrote in message
Hi all,
An ex-pat friend of mine living 30 miles South of Poitier has recently
purchased a barn adjoining his property and has asked me what interest
there would be in covered storage in the area. What do you think?

Rich

(remove the spam to reply)

Old October 25th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

In message , Rich
writes
I guess this means "no interest"?

Rich

Don't take it personally Rich, for example I'd love to store the van
near Poitier it would be a great help for our regular trips to France
and beyond. The snag is we are all year round caravanners and like to
use the van from home in Britain too. The ideal would be two vans, one
stored in France with the other at home. Unfortunately it's difficult
to justify two vans financially. Rather suspect there's lots of us in
similar situations too.

I know of several couples who do store their vans in France and I'm sure
there is a demand, maybe it just needs a bit more time. Has your friend
thought about placing an ad in the CC magazine or the commercial caravan
and motorhome magazines?

Best of luck..
--
Bill

Old October 26th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Rich" wrote in message
Hi all,
An ex-pat friend of mine living 30 miles South of Poitier has recently
purchased a barn adjoining his property and has asked me what interest
there would be in covered storage in the area. What do you think?

Rich

We only ever use our caravan in France and these days that means two trips
a year of about six weeks each. I have met people who leave their vans in
France but we like ours here at home on the front garden where we can
attend to it's needs :-) It also comes in handy when relatives visit.

Best of luck.

Dave.

Old October 26th 05, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

We only ever use our caravan in France and these days that means two
trips
a year of about six weeks each. I have met people who leave their vans
in
France but we like ours here at home on the front garden where we can
attend to it's needs :-) It also comes in handy when relatives visit.

Best of luck.

Dave.

Many thanks for your replies. My friend phoned me for advice a few weeks ago
thinking that as a caravanner I would know of any potential interest. I must
admit I go along with Dave on this one. It's nice to have the van at home to
keep the maintenance up, but felt that I should at least pose the question
on his behalf.

Rich