X-Trail recall

Old October 21st 05, 03:30 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.4x4
Tom

Default X-Trail recall

I bought a new X-trail in April of this year and I've recently had a letter
from Nissan asking me to take it to a dealer to have some engine management
components changed. Anyone know what they are and how serious is it?
(unfortunately I've mislaid the letter).
Tom

Old October 21st 05, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.4x4
John

No problem if you don't mind the turbo breaking down and/or leaking oil into
the intercooler. Make sure you get the dealer to reprogram BOTH keys. Many
are dim witted and don't. With out being reprogrammed can't start the car
with an "old" key as the engine management should be replaced.

See for the saga and best of luck as many of us
have found how poor all to many of the dealers and Nissan are.

Old October 21st 05, 06:06 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.4x4
Richard

"Tom" wrote in message
I bought a new X-trail in April of this year and I've recently had a letter
from Nissan asking me to take it to a dealer to have some engine
management
components changed. Anyone know what they are and how serious is it?
(unfortunately I've mislaid the letter).
Tom

Interestingly, ...... when I was changing over to a 4X4 I spoke to a Nissan
dealer about X-Trail diesels and was told the 2.2 diesel is being
discontinued in the Primera later this year because of 'on-going problems'
but will remain in the X-Trail ....... when pushed .... because it would
seem 'a bad move' to do the same in that 'type of vehicle'. Another Nissan
dealer rep. denied all knowledge of the same ..... so who knows ...... time
will tell ..... but the two discussions put me off that option.

anyway I have moved over from Nissan ;o) and will remain interested to see
how the longevity of the 2.2 diesel X-Trail proves in 'real life' as mileage
on most is small at present. This should prove a valid forum for monitoring
that. Fixing what I heard about costs _big bucks_ so people will shout on
this forum if indeed it proves to be widespread.

If you do a search re X-Trails this type of comment(s) keep coming up

''Also with regard to ongoing problems with cam chain issues even on new 135
dci engine have been acknowledged by Nissan customer care, who have written
to say that Nissan have now developed a 'fix' for this, which will be sent
to dealerships shortly.

If you have 'new' dci engined version and you get harsh vibration that
sounds like loose exhaust or bonnet stay. especially noticeable whilst
towing between 2200-2500 rpm, get down to your dealer asap.''

HTH ........... Richard

Old October 21st 05, 06:19 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.4x4
Richard

"Tom" wrote in message
I bought a new X-trail in April of this year and I've recently had a letter
from Nissan asking me to take it to a dealer to have some engine
management
components changed. Anyone know what they are and how serious is it?
(unfortunately I've mislaid the letter).
Tom

You may find this helpful

Richard

Old October 21st 05, 08:06 PM posted to alt.autos.nissan,uk.rec.caravanning,uk.rec.cars.4x4
John

The biggest problem is for what ever reason that the "Customer Care" is
appalling both from dealer and nationally, We have been appalled that once
they have sold a car to a "mug" they couldn't give as s**t and would never
get a Nissan again. We bought one based on a reputation of good care and
support, it might have been but nor now, they are both rubbish- don't touch
either at any cost!