Instability on Overtaking

Old August 18th 03, 12:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

Default Instability on Overtaking

"Gareth Slee" wrote:

Returned today from a trip to the Cotswolds. Most of the journey was along
the M4.
Noticed when overtaking lorries, buses etc, the combination became a little
unstable.
The kerbweight of the car is 1600Kg and the van full up is 1000Kg, so no
problem there. Could it be a loading problem?

What was the nose weight of the caravan?

You did check it, didn't you?

Along with your tyre pressures - all of them?

;-)

Old August 18th 03, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Smith

A stabiliser will last for years and they are sometimes available second
hand in local paper ads or at bootsales. I wouldnt risk going without mine.
I do the same and move over as much as possible when overtyaking/being
overtaken - it certainly helps and is perfectly safe as long as it is not
done to an extreme.
Dave