gas level indicators

Old October 26th 05, 08:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
dunky

Default gas level indicators

hi, anybody tried those magnetic stick on bottles gas level indicators?? do
they actually work? cheers dunky

Old October 26th 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"dunky" --remove55 wrote in message
hi, anybody tried those magnetic stick on bottles gas level indicators??
do
they actually work? cheers dunky

They work but you spend a lot of time monitoring them and unless you know
your exact burn rate they don't really help much. After many years of
caravanning I've decided there are only two easy solutions. Take two
bottles, shake the 'live' one and if it feels light change to the full one
for overnight use so you don't have to get out and freeze in the night then
change back to the nearly empty one during the day til it runs out.
Alternatively get one of those fancy auto changeover gas valves and let them
do it for you.

Rgds

Andy R

Old October 26th 05, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Andy R" wrote in message

"dunky" --remove55 wrote in message
hi, anybody tried those magnetic stick on bottles gas level indicators??
do
they actually work? cheers dunky

They work but you spend a lot of time monitoring them and unless you know
your exact burn rate they don't really help much. After many years of
caravanning I've decided there are only two easy solutions. Take two
bottles, shake the 'live' one and if it feels light change to the full one
for overnight use so you don't have to get out and freeze in the night
then change back to the nearly empty one during the day til it runs out.
Alternatively get one of those fancy auto changeover gas valves and let
them do it for you.

I use the latter ........... Imo that is money well spent ........ Richard

Old October 26th 05, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:36:53 +0100, "dunky"
--remove55 wrote:

| hi, anybody tried those magnetic stick on bottles gas level indicators?? do
| they actually work? cheers dunky

Why bother, I always have a full bottle, or two. When the one I am using
runs out, change it to a full one, and the empty one goes in the back of
the car till I see a dealer. Never run out yet.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
Old October 26th 05, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 26th 05, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Richard
writes

"Andy R" wrote in message

"dunky" --remove55 wrote in message
hi, anybody tried those magnetic stick on bottles gas level indicators??
do
they actually work? cheers dunky

They work but you spend a lot of time monitoring them and unless you know
your exact burn rate they don't really help much. After many years of
caravanning I've decided there are only two easy solutions. Take two
bottles, shake the 'live' one and if it feels light change to the full one
for overnight use so you don't have to get out and freeze in the night
then change back to the nearly empty one during the day til it runs out.
Alternatively get one of those fancy auto changeover gas valves and let
them do it for you.

I use the latter ........... Imo that is money well spent ........ Richard

Me too. Just the occasional check to see if it has switched over and
then change the empty bottle at your own convenience so to speak.
--
hugh

Old October 26th 05, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes

Must be a f******** big bottle you have there.