towing my quasar 615

Old October 26th 05, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
mattehw jackson

Default towing my quasar 615

i,m thinking of changing my car to a volvo 850r? and i am a bit concernd if
it will be up to the job of towing my 2004 twin axel quasar 615? any help
would be gratefully excepted?
Old October 26th 05, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:28:29 -0500, "mattehw
wrote:

i,m thinking of changing my car to a volvo 850r? and i am a bit concernd if
it will be up to the job of towing my 2004 twin axel quasar 615? any help
would be gratefully excepted?

I tow with a Volvo 850 2litre 20valve, just about the base of the 850
engines. I tow a Hymer Nova 470 which is laden to about 1300kg with no
problems at all, and have in the past towed up hill and down dale on
the motorways at 65mph. Nowadays I am travelling between 50 and 55,
mainly because my supervisor insists upon it.
The 850r has a 2.5 litre turbo charged engine and should tow most
things. Weight is the limit, my van is rated to 1450kg and I would
happilly tow that with my 850.

(remove the spam to reply)