Fuel consumption

Old October 27th 05, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Default Fuel consumption

Pal's 1996 Mercedes 2.5tdi estate automatic.
Solo - about 38 mpg.
Just did 300 miles towing sixteen foot caravan, about a ton. Steady 60mph,
about 2200rpm.
Full tank to start-about fifteen gallons. Fuel warning light came on. Put
another three gallons in and went fifty miles before it returned.
Less than 20mpg,-is this normal?
DaveK. (and could someone remind me how to kill the trolls-Outlook Express
tools is confusing me).

Old October 27th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 19:03:19 +0100, "davek"
wrote:

| Pal's 1996 Mercedes 2.5tdi estate automatic.
| Solo - about 38 mpg.
| Just did 300 miles towing sixteen foot caravan, about a ton. Steady 60mph,
| about 2200rpm.
| Full tank to start-about fifteen gallons. Fuel warning light came on. Put
| another three gallons in and went fifty miles before it returned.
| Less than 20mpg,-is this normal?
| DaveK. (and could someone remind me how to kill the trolls-Outlook Express
| tools is confusing me).

It is in the killfile FAQ
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Killfile and Anti Troll FAQs at

Old October 27th 05, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

wrote:

| Pal's 1996 Mercedes 2.5tdi estate automatic.
| Solo - about 38 mpg.
| Just did 300 miles towing sixteen foot caravan, about a ton. Steady 60mph,
| about 2200rpm.
| Full tank to start-about fifteen gallons. Fuel warning light came on. Put
| another three gallons in and went fifty miles before it returned.
| Less than 20mpg,-is this normal?
| DaveK. (and could someone remind me how to kill the trolls-Outlook Express
| tools is confusing me).

It is in the killfile FAQ

Old October 28th 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin Legg

That is a poor return for a diesel. I have a fiat 2.4 turbo diesel. I get
60mpg solo and around 40 mpg towing at 55mph or 35mpg at 60mph.

wrote:

| Pal's 1996 Mercedes 2.5tdi estate automatic.
| Solo - about 38 mpg.
| Just did 300 miles towing sixteen foot caravan, about a ton. Steady
60mph,
| about 2200rpm.
| Full tank to start-about fifteen gallons. Fuel warning light came on.
Put
| another three gallons in and went fifty miles before it returned.
| Less than 20mpg,-is this normal?
| DaveK. (and could someone remind me how to kill the trolls-Outlook
Express
| tools is confusing me).

It is in the killfile FAQ

Old October 28th 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Colin Legg

wrote:

| Pal's 1996 Mercedes 2.5tdi estate automatic.
| Solo - about 38 mpg.
| Just did 300 miles towing sixteen foot caravan, about a ton. Steady
60mph,
| about 2200rpm.
| Full tank to start-about fifteen gallons. Fuel warning light came on.
Put
| another three gallons in and went fifty miles before it returned.
| Less than 20mpg,-is this normal?
| DaveK. (and could someone remind me how to kill the trolls-Outlook
Express
| tools is confusing me).

It is in the killfile FAQ

Old October 28th 05, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"Colin Legg" wrote in message
That is a poor return for a diesel. I have a fiat 2.4 turbo diesel. I get
60mpg solo and around 40 mpg towing at 55mph or 35mpg at 60mph.

What model is that? The Merc is auto.
DaveK.