2005 Eccles Topaz

Old October 27th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John G

Default 2005 Eccles Topaz

We have just purchased a 2005 Topaz with which we are very pleased.
No complaints just one what's this for?
In the front gas bottle locker, in the centre at the front, protruding down
from the top is an M10 threaded rod about 40mm long. It has on a lose nut on
it and a yellow plastic cap covering the end. Any ideas as to what it is
for? The dealer doesn't know.
Thanks
John

Old October 27th 05, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"John G" wrote in message
We have just purchased a 2005 Topaz with which we are very pleased.
No complaints just one what's this for?
In the front gas bottle locker, in the centre at the front, protruding
down from the top is an M10 threaded rod about 40mm long. It has on a lose
nut on it and a yellow plastic cap covering the end. Any ideas as to what
it is for? The dealer doesn't know.
Thanks
John

Is it supposed to hold the new multi purpose gas regulator?
The one that comes with new vans nowadays.
DaveK.

Old October 27th 05, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"John G" wrote in message
We have just purchased a 2005 Topaz with which we are very pleased.
No complaints just one what's this for?
In the front gas bottle locker, in the centre at the front, protruding

down
from the top is an M10 threaded rod about 40mm long. It has on a lose nut

on
it and a yellow plastic cap covering the end. Any ideas as to what it is
for? The dealer doesn't know.
Thanks

John

We have a 2004 Topaz which we are very pleased with. It sounds to me the gas
supply pipe to the appliances but missing the regulator. Is there another
pipe going off the the right to supply the barbeque point?

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old October 28th 05, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John G

"David Klyne" wrote in message

"John G" wrote in message
We have just purchased a 2005 Topaz with which we are very pleased.
No complaints just one what's this for?
In the front gas bottle locker, in the centre at the front, protruding

down
from the top is an M10 threaded rod about 40mm long. It has on a lose nut

on
it and a yellow plastic cap covering the end. Any ideas as to what it is
for? The dealer doesn't know.
Thanks

John

We have a 2004 Topaz which we are very pleased with. It sounds to me the
gas
supply pipe to the appliances but missing the regulator. Is there another
pipe going off the the right to supply the barbeque point?

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

No the threaded rod has nothing to do with the regulator which is mounted on
the back wall. The pipe to the barbeque point is also on the back wall
running from the centre to the right hand side at about 6" above the floor.
The threaded rod is right at the front near the opening just clear of the
door. Close to the gas strut.

John