Removal of Numberplate

Old October 31st 05, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Schrodingers Cat

Default Removal of Numberplate

Having just bought a pre-owned caravan, I was wondering about the best way
of removing the previous owners number plate? As it appears to be stick on,
should I just rip it off and risk damaging the area or is there some tried
and trusted method?
Many thnks

Old October 31st 05, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Schrodingers Cat" wrote in message
Having just bought a pre-owned caravan, I was wondering about the best way
of removing the previous owners number plate? As it appears to be stick
on, should I just rip it off and risk damaging the area or is there some
tried and trusted method?

As when I changed my car the number plate was just pulled off.
Both car and caravan had the normal yellow number plates stuck on with
double sided adhesive strips.
Kits of these strips can be bought at Halfords.

Please reply to News Group

Old October 31st 05, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Schrodingers Cat wrote :
Having just bought a pre-owned caravan, I was wondering about the best way of
removing the previous owners number plate? As it appears to be stick on,
should I just rip it off and risk damaging the area or is there some tried
and trusted method?
Many thnks

You might try pouring boiling water over it, which tends to soften the
adhesive.

Otherwise.... The weakest part is usually the spongy centre of the
tape, which will rip and leave the sticky part on both parts.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old October 31st 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:13:40 GMT, "Schrodingers Cat"
wrote:

| Having just bought a pre-owned caravan, I was wondering about the best way
| of removing the previous owners number plate? As it appears to be stick on,
| should I just rip it off and risk damaging the area or is there some tried
| and trusted method?

It is probably stuck on with double sided sticky foam pads.
Put a sharp thin knife behind the number plate and cut the pads in two.
Then remove the remainder with elbow grease.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old October 31st 05, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old October 31st 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
..
Then remove the remainder with elbow grease.
--

No need to do hard work.
You just stick the new strips in a different places.

Please reply to News Group