OT ITV now FTA on Satellite

Old November 1st 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default OT ITV now FTA on Satellite

Some of you may be useing a Sky box without a subscription and a card when
you caravan and be allmost limited to BBC programmes. ITV1 and 2 are now
allso available to you.

Please reply to News Group

Old November 1st 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:14:35 GMT, "David" wrote:

| Some of you may be useing a Sky box without a subscription and a card when
| you caravan and be allmost limited to BBC programmes. ITV1 and 2 are now
| allso available to you.

Have you tested this? it was not due to happen till early next year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4221722.stm

You can also get Ch4 and Ch5 for GBP20 one off payment see sig.
How long it will be before Ch4 and Ch5 join BBC and ITV on freesat is
anybody's guess, so your GBP20 might not be last long.

Generic, Lidl and many others, Set Top Boxes will receive the BBC programs
also ITV as davids report above.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sat ITV, Ch4, Ch5, only GBP20
http://www.freesatfromsky.com - "what is freesat?" - "view T&C" -
Old November 1st 05, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 1st 05, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message .

Have you tested this? it was not due to happen till early next year.

Yes 103 and 118 on a Sky box are in the clear.

The BBC item you quote may well be something ealse, and I think whilst any
'normal' ( IE non Sky box) digital satellite box will recieve these FTA
stations the BBC for thier Freesat will have to overcome an EPG system
problem that will occur. Would doubt Sky would be willing to allow thier
EPG system to be used by any 'normal' satellite box maker and broadcaster.

Please reply to News Group