Goodbye - I've had enough of the foul postings on this group

Old November 2nd 05, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Chamberlin

Default Goodbye - I've had enough of the foul postings on this group

This could be a really useful group - indeed I've had some questions
answered in the past, very helpfully. However, despite judicious use of
kill file and block sender, the trolls and their foul postings have won,
and I'm about to unsubscribe. Could anyone who knows of a usable list
elsewhere on a similar topic please be kind enough to e-mail me offlist
to let me know. I'm just so weary of the obscenities.

Many thanks

David.
--
David Chamberlin,
Cambridge, UK.
Old November 2nd 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:51:40 +0000, wroteavid Chamberlin "dc at revdc
dot net"

| This could be a really useful group - indeed I've had some questions
| answered in the past, very helpfully. However, despite judicious use of
| kill file and block sender, the trolls and their foul postings have won,
| and I'm about to unsubscribe. Could anyone who knows of a usable list
| elsewhere on a similar topic please be kind enough to e-mail me offlist
| to let me know. I'm just so weary of the obscenities.

It is a troll folks.
Classic of its kind, post foul stuff, then complain about it, and hope
someone will follow
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old November 2nd 05, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 2nd 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

Dave Fawthrop said the following on 02/11/2005 17:12:

It is a troll folks.
Classic of its kind, post foul stuff, then complain about it, and hope
someone will follow

As you did!! G

The only unwelcome posts I have received are the occasional replies, Its
nice to see the total of messages in the newsgroup drop from around 60
to 10 or so as Newsproxy and Thunderbird filters cut in.

Roy

Old November 2nd 05, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:15:27 +0000, Roy wrote:

Dave Fawthrop said the following on 02/11/2005 17:12:

It is a troll folks.
Classic of its kind, post foul stuff, then complain about it, and hope
someone will follow

As you did!! G

The only unwelcome posts I have received are the occasional replies, Its
nice to see the total of messages in the newsgroup drop from around 60
to 10 or so as Newsproxy and Thunderbird filters cut in.

Roy

Likewise with Newsproxy & Agent's kill filter.

Lenny

Old November 2nd 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"David Chamberlin" "dc at revdc dot net" wrote in message
This could be a really useful group - indeed I've had some questions
answered in the past, very helpfully. However, despite judicious use of
kill file and block sender, the trolls and their foul postings have won,
and I'm about to unsubscribe. Could anyone who knows of a usable list
elsewhere on a similar topic please be kind enough to e-mail me offlist
to let me know. I'm just so weary of the obscenities.

Many thanks

David.

I sympathise with your view. Others have suggested other news readers.
However although I keep an eye on this newsgroup there are many other forums
that are web based that can provide much more information than seems
forthcoming than here at present. In fact I notice previous regulars now
mainly contribute to T&T or CT2 rather than here. Perhaps you should check
them out.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old November 3rd 05, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

www.ct2-flights.com

T&T Supermarket

What have these got to do with caravanning.....Not everyone has the hidden
knowledge you have SEYP