Carver repair

Old August 19th 03, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MikeB

Default Carver repair

I have to fit a new water inlet to my carver water heater. Should I put
sealant on the threads before scrwing it in or not?
TIA
Mike

Old August 19th 03, 01:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bill

MikeB wrote in message
I have to fit a new water inlet to my carver water heater. Should I put
sealant on the threads before scrwing it in or not?

When the dealer's mechanic did mine, he used a couple of twists of ptfe tape
on all unions.

Bill

Old August 20th 03, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Arc Systems

No you shouldn't have to, make sure the casting threads are clean and use a
little 'gas tite' or similar for lubrication. The rubber 'O' ring will do
the rest.