30 mile radius NOTTIGNHAM

Old November 3rd 05, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rob Hill

Default 30 mile radius NOTTIGNHAM

Any body know of hard standing / winter pitches within 30 miles around
Nottingham
with either cycling / walking, woods etc.

Preferably with a pub within walking distance that don't dislike kids!
(have two)

Our old favourite in Lincolnshire have put their prices up and I want to do
my voting
with my feet.

Rob.

Old November 3rd 05, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bob Douglas

"Rob Hill" wrote in message
Any body know of hard standing / winter pitches within 30 miles around
Nottingham
with either cycling / walking, woods etc.

Preferably with a pub within walking distance that don't dislike kids!
(have two)

Our old favourite in Lincolnshire have put their prices up and I want to
do my voting
with my feet.

Rob.

http://www.sherwoodforestcaravanpark.com/

Can't speak of the site from personal experience (but have heard reasonable
reports), but can vouch for the area and cycling and woods.

Short on-road section will give you access to National Cycle Route in two
directions - To Sherwood Pines Forest Park and on to Southwell, and to
Clumber Park (long off-road section on both). Both good rides.

Similar walking will give you access to both Sherwood Pines and Sherwood
Forest Country Parks.

AFAIK, the Dog and Duck at Clipstone - again a shortish walk (and I think,
though can't guarantee, that this could be done mainly by Bridleway if you
can get out of the back of the campsite), is still child-friendly.

http://www.thedogandduck.info

--
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00

Old November 4th 05, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

Can vouch for the site have stayed there many times over the years.

excellent hard standings - new

great place for walking around Sherwood forest #great pubs for meals nearby