o.t. anti virus software

Old November 3rd 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Default o.t. anti virus software

AVG do a free to use personal antivirus which ma be worth looking up!

Lloyd

"Jim Roberts" wrote in message

Hi everyone. I have been hit by a major virus problem on my laptop. Dont
worry am using the desk top machine for this.Am using Panda at the moment
and would like opinions on Norton anti virus software or any other
software.

Tks#

Old November 3rd 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:27:30 -0000, "Jim Roberts"
wrote:

Hi everyone. I have been hit by a major virus problem on my laptop. Dont
worry am using the desk top machine for this.Am using Panda at the moment
and would like opinions on Norton anti virus software or any other software.

Tks#

AVG is free and works fine. Updates automatically if you want it to.
--

Paul Rooney

Old November 3rd 05, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

wrote:

Hi everyone. I have been hit by a major virus problem on my laptop. Dont
worry am using the desk top machine for this.Am using Panda at the moment
and would like opinions on Norton anti virus software or any other software.

Tks#

Panda is very good far better than Norton, biggested problem with Norton is it only does auto updates once a week & updating manualy each day is a pain.

All six PC's in my house have been running Panda for a couple of years
not been infected once.

Lenny

Old November 3rd 05, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Jim Roberts" wrote in message

Hi everyone. I have been hit by a major virus problem on my laptop. Dont
worry am using the desk top machine for this.Am using Panda at the moment
and would like opinions on Norton anti virus software or any other
software.

Tks#

If you use Norton use the separate antivirus package (and if you want a
firewall their separate personal firewall package). These stand-alone
packages work better than the integrated packages which Imo tend to be a bit
too complicated for their own good.

I understand the Norton '06 antivirus package (which is available now)
updates automatically on a daily basis. I have used Norton products in both
a commercial and home based set-up since way back (eighties) and only
experienced a significant problem in one instance.

I used the free AVG offering a couple of years back for a short period and
had more problems in just a few months _but_ it is your choice.

If I didn't use Norton I would use Kaspersky.

Richard

Old November 3rd 05, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Des

"Jim Roberts" wrote in message

Hi everyone. I have been hit by a major virus problem on my laptop. Dont
worry am using the desk top machine for this.Am using Panda at the moment
and would like opinions on Norton anti virus software or any other

software.

Tks#

I used Pcillen a few years ago, after a Virus I changed to AVG free and
have had no problems since. It has cought a few attempts by Trojans,
co-exists with all the software I have, has an email scanner, and updates
automatically most days,

Des