O/t trolls

Old November 4th 05, 05:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stumo

Default O/t trolls

I used to have a little programme installed that eradicated cross-posters
but lost it when I had to reformat the hard drive. Can someone remind me
what it was and where it came from please. Many thanks

Stumo

Old November 4th 05, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 06:17:00 -0000, "Stumo"
wrote:

| I used to have a little programme installed that eradicated cross-posters
| but lost it when I had to reformat the hard drive. Can someone remind me
| what it was and where it came from please. Many thanks

nfilter
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old November 4th 05, 07:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 4th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson

wrote:

| I used to have a little programme installed that eradicated cross-posters
| but lost it when I had to reformat the hard drive. Can someone remind me
| what it was and where it came from please. Many thanks

nfilter

Also - check if your newsreader is able to kill crossposted threads.
Mine (Turnpike) is set up to kill all threads crossposted to three or
more groups. Threads crossposted to two are often legitimate but three
or more and its usually crap from trolls and spammers. Works a treat.

Unfortunately, I'm currently at work and using Google Groups, which
doesn't filter them out...

Cheers
Shaun

Old November 4th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Shaun Robertson