LPG in Central Europe.

Old November 5th 05, 04:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Campervaner

Default LPG in Central Europe.

My diesel engine campervan is fitted with a Gaslow refillable LPG cylinder
so I can refill with LPG (Autogas) for my cooker fridge, hot water etc, at
any service station that sells it for car fuel. In France, Belgium and
Netherlands there is no problem finding plenty of stations that sell LPG (or
GPL) but in Spain it is very rare and only a handful of Repsol stations in
only some of the major towns sell it. The situation is much better in
Portugal, but even there you have to be on the look out or get a listing
that some LPG outlets can supply if you ask for it.

For Germany I was able to obtain a listing of LPG stations off the internet
listing 751 " LPG tankstellen", so no problem there.

What is the availability of LPG in the Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia,
Hungary, Italy and Slovenia?
Has any reader actually been there and can offer informed comment please?
I have a GPS navigation system using OziExplorer mapping software and
scanned maps, and have waypoints for LPG in France and the UK, does anyone
know of any internet sites which have waypoints for LPG in central Europe?

I would be willing to swap waypoint files with anyone with useful
information to exchange. Reply to the group with your email encrypted to
foil spambots and I will contact you if you have information to exchange.
Don't respond to the included email address as it is a dud to stop spam.

Cheers,

Old November 12th 05, 08:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Piotr Ratajczak

Dnia Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:00:24 -0000, mike napisał(a):

[...]

I'm from Poland, so I can tell you abuot accessibility of LPG in this
country. Here, in poland, LPG is very popular here so it's available at
nearly all petrol stations (on the margin the most popular and big petrol
station are Orlen, BP, Shell, Petrochemia (in english: petrochemistry)
Płocka, Petrochemia Gdańska. Buying it on the little non-known stations can
be unsafe, beacuse often the petrol (and LPG too) sold there is
low-quality, or it cames from crime (exactly tax crime). In Poland LPG
costs about 1,8-2 PLN (1£ is about 6 PLN). As I have already written LPG
is very popular in Poland and here isn't any problem to buy it. At the end
i'm sorry of my english, but I don't speak it vey well, as you can see :-)