Draught round the kitchen area

Old November 7th 05, 03:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Terry Birch

Default Draught round the kitchen area

I have a 2005 Abbey Spectrum 640, and during a recent trip up north I
noticed a bad draught round the fridge and sink area. My previous van had a
similar problem and it was because the fridge had been fitted without an
insulation kit, once that was fitted I had no further problem. Should the
Spectrum have an insulation kit fitted, if so can anyone please tell me
where it can be obtained from?

--
Regards Terry Birch
All e-mails & attachments are scanned for viruses prior to transmission.

Old November 7th 05, 06:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 04:52:33 GMT, "Terry Birch"
wrote:

| I have a 2005 Abbey Spectrum 640, and during a recent trip up north I
| noticed a bad draught round the fridge and sink area. My previous van had a
| similar problem and it was because the fridge had been fitted without an
| insulation kit, once that was fitted I had no further problem. Should the
| Spectrum have an insulation kit fitted, if so can anyone please tell me
| where it can be obtained from?

All caravans are IMO over ventilated. Once a flood, someone has a badly
adjusted gas appliance and dies from carbon monoxide poisoning, so the
specifications ensure that this can never happen, and so inflict draughts
on everyone. :-(

The fridge compartment is supposed to be sealed from the rest of the van, I
sealed mine with bubble wrap. You will probably find other ventilation
in the door, and under the cooker. Partially blocking these is probably
not too dangerous.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old November 7th 05, 06:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 7th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Metcalf

Yes Terry, The fridge should be sealed, it is quite common for these gaskets
to missed during production but the dealer should have checked during the
PDI