Picnic on the carpet.

Old November 9th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Krikey

Default Picnic on the carpet.

We went to the caravan show at Earls Court last Saturday. As in previous years we took our own food and drink. We'd learnt, from bitter experience, that to buy food and drink at the show was to pay rip-off prices. We had a lovely picnic sitting on the carpet at the edge of the hall - many other people were doing the same thing. We slipped up in one respect though, we'd forgotten to bring a drink for our granddaughter, so we had to buy her one - a 250ml bottle of Copella apple juice - price in Somerfield = 89p - price in Earls Court = 2.20. I rest my case.
And another thing, why do they charge entry money to these shows? Tesco doesn't make you pay to go into their stores do they?
Old November 9th 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Krikey" wrote in message
We went to the caravan show at Earls Court last Saturday. As in previous
years we took our own food and drink. We'd learnt, from bitter experience,
that to buy food and drink at the show was to pay rip-off prices. We had a
lovely picnic sitting on the carpet at the edge of the hall - many other
people were doing the same thing. We slipped up in one respect though, we'd
forgotten to bring a drink for our granddaughter, so we had to buy her one -
a 250ml bottle of Copella apple juice - price in Somerfield = 89p - price in
Earls Court = 2.20. I rest my case.
And another thing, why do they charge entry money to these shows? Tesco
doesn't make you pay to go into their stores do they?

Because they can. You paid to go in, so did hundreds of others. So long as
people keep paying, they'll keep charging.

Rgds

Andy R

Old November 9th 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Krikey" wrote in message

And another thing, why do they charge entry money to these shows?

To make money out of you!
Your local caravan dealer will not charge you to view.
Just a thought though if you buy a caravan or accessories at the show are
prices cheaper than a dealer? If yes, then you will save your entry money.

Please reply to News Group

Old November 9th 05, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

You would have to know how much the dealers pay to have a stand there to
give a fair answer, they don't own the hall they would book a floor space.
You will find that if they lowered the entry price the dealers would pay
more but then again they may be just ripping us off as others have said. But
on the whole I agree I hate paying for the privilege to spend money !!!

--
Tim Pace, CeMAP
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old November 9th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ken

Tesco would charge if they could work out how to do it.

ken

Old November 9th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ken

Old November 9th 05, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Krikey" wrote in message
We went to the caravan show at Earls Court last Saturday. As in previous
years we took our own food and drink. We'd learnt, from bitter experience,
that to buy food and drink at the show was to pay rip-off prices. We had a
lovely picnic sitting on the carpet at the edge of the hall - many other
people were doing the same thing. We slipped up in one respect though, we'd
forgotten to bring a drink for our granddaughter, so we had to buy her one -
a 250ml bottle of Copella apple juice - price in Somerfield = 89p - price in
Earls Court = 2.20. I rest my case.
And another thing, why do they charge entry money to these shows? Tesco
doesn't make you pay to go into their stores do they?

I know Tesco sell most things but have not yet seen a caravan, well at least
a full sized one!!!!

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk