Knaresborough.

« - | - »

Old August 19th 03, 07:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Les Milner

Default Knaresborough.

very nice now its been upgraded i.e. all hard standing, UNDERFLOOR heating
in the shower block ,spent an hour in there last winter,no dancing on cold
tiles.nice pub 10 mins walk down the road, the guy falkes, did good meals. a
small bar on site (the only one in the CC as far as I know)not open all the
time. plenty of interest round and about depending on your tastes. come back
with your likes/dislikes if you would like more details.
"appy "vanin
Les....email: ..
drop NOSPAM to reply

Old August 19th 03, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

has anyone been to the above caravan club site at Knaresborough? If so
what's it like, any areas of interest nearby?

Old August 19th 03, 04:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

"Michael Haselhof" wrote in message
has anyone been to the above caravan club site at Knaresborough? If so
what's it like, any areas of interest nearby?

Michael

We have been to this site several times, smallish site spread over a few
fields, adjoining a small holiday park site, basic toilet and washing
facilities but its location more than makes up for that, less than a 5 min
drive or about a 15 min walk into Knaresborough where there is lots to see
and do, Knaresborough castle (free access to the grounds overlooking the
river), some nice walks along the riverbank, Mother Shiptons cave (not sure
if you have heard of this but basically alledgedly she lived in the cave
here and made various predictions that most of them appear to have come true
over the last hundred years or so), several decent pubs and places to eat
etc, in the other directly is a lovely old village called Ripley which is
styled on a French village with several old buildings, church, castle etc
etc.
All in all well worth it.
The site was privately run before the CC took it over and is basically the
same except they have removed the kids playground which they did not think
was particularly safe, but there is a small bar on site that does some nice
meals (not too noisy as to disturb those choosing not to use it), and
finally there is a bridlepath directly behind the site which is an excellent
dog walk.

Regards
Stan
Leeds

Old August 19th 03, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

Thanks Stan, that sounds nice, I'm looking forward to it now. I liked York
(Beechwood Grange) but we've been there already this year, and besides on of
the wardens there this year is a right grumpy so and so; the wardens last
year were very nice. Wife wanted to go somewhere different for a change.

Old August 23rd 03, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Airport Guy

"Michael Haselhof" wrote in message
Thanks Stan, that sounds nice, I'm looking forward to it now. I liked York
(Beechwood Grange) but we've been there already this year, and besides on

of
the wardens there this year is a right grumpy so and so; the wardens last
year were very nice. Wife wanted to go somewhere different for a change.

I'll second that about the grumpy warden at York. Lovely site, indifferent
attitude.
Unfortunately due to work we had to leave a day early, you should have seen
their face when i told them we were going a day early...couldn't have got a
better reaction had i crapped on their carpet!

Oh well....win some lose some.

Old August 24th 03, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

Was it from the one who's caravan is on the right of the reception (away
from the main entrance), God he's an ignorant *******; I was talking to a
fellow caravanner, and he comes around with a mower to cut the grass - I
mean, there were other parts that he could have cut first, but no he decided
to cut our bit, then when he'd finished, that wasn't enough, he got the
strimmer out too!
Some one had run over one of the hook up bollards before we came, and the
sparks were in fitting up a new one, but they didn't turn the power back on
when they finished, so I went to reception to report this (so we could at
least get the dinner on). "Oh, so you've tripped the cut out have you? well
I'm busy just now, so you'll have to wait", what an arse hole, when he did
turn on the power he said, "you didn't tell me the power wasn't on, you just
said there's no power!" I told him quite clearly what was wrong.
Since we were leaving early the next day before the reception would be open,
I said I'd just put the keys through the letter box, I was actually talking
to someone else, but he pipes up with, " well of course you would, don't
come waking me up, or disturbing my breakfast, you're not going to take it
with you, are you?!"
I told him I was going to write to the club about him, and his ****
attitude, I have been to many club sites and enjoyed them, also found that
the wardens couldn't help enough, maybe he's been watching too much Fawlty
Towers??!!

Old August 25th 03, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Crawford

"Michael Haselhof" wrote in message
I told him I was going to write to the club about him, and his ****
attitude,