battery in winter

Old November 11th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
flybywire

Default battery in winter

When charging - a fiamm 12 volt big caravan leisure battery at home for the
winter should you undo the cell caps before charging or leave done up ?

Old November 11th 05, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

flybywire laid this down on his screen :
When charging - a fiamm 12 volt big caravan leisure battery at home for the
winter should you undo the cell caps before charging or leave done up ?

Unless you are charging at a very large charging current (not
advisable), they should be fine left done up. Also beware of
overcharging the battery.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Old November 11th 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"flybywire" wrote in message
When charging - a fiamm 12 volt big caravan leisure battery at home for
the
winter should you undo the cell caps before charging or leave done up ?

Charger for leisure batteries is best.

You might find this useful http://www.sailgb.com/sshop/tech_info.asp?ID=223

Richard

Old November 11th 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"flybywire" wrote in message
When charging - a fiamm 12 volt big caravan leisure battery at home for
the
winter should you undo the cell caps before charging or leave done up ?

Whether I'm doing right or wrong I leave my caravan connected to the mains
all the time at home, it does not appear to have done any harm to my 110amp
liesure battery, which of course has its caps screwed on.

Please reply to News Group