Coachman Pastiche 460/2 Drain plugs

Old November 14th 05, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Default Coachman Pastiche 460/2 Drain plugs

Hi,

DRAINING THE SYSTEM

I have a newish Coachman Pastiche 460/2. In the handbook says remove the
water filter open all taps, the ultrastore drained, and the caravan system
drained using the two drain taps situated within the caravan!

I have removed the filter and unplugged the toilet tank, but I cannot find
the two drain plugs for the water system, which is supposed to be inside
according to the manual. Also what is the ultrastore, is that the toilet
tank? Book not much help!

Many thanks.

Steve

Old November 14th 05, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

The Ultrastore is the Truma water heater. There should be a lever which you
flip up to drain the tank. Did mine tonight as a matter of fact.
Don't know about the location of theother drain tap though as mines only got
the one
Incidentally, what do you think of you Coachman as I've just traded in my
challenger for a Vip 530/4. Collect it in April. Build quality looks pretty
good to me.

Old November 15th 05, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. Suppose I'll have to ring Coachman then!

Yes, I'm very pleased with it. Traded the 12 year old Elldis in last year
from the Caravan Show at Earl's Court and got a very good deal...

The build quality on mine is very good, with only the door window blind
needing adjustment. Also when the 1st annual service is due, I'm going to
get a Caravan Mover fitted.

Steve

Old November 15th 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

I have now found out where the drain plugs are for the system.

There are 2 drain plugs inline off the blue and red water pipes (Hot & Cold)
near the water and heater tanks under the offside bench.

Also as recommended, I have removed the water filter and left all the taps
open.

Steve

Old November 15th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Saunders

It's a good idea having a drain in the cold feed also. It worries me having
water left in the system as I had a shower valve split on my previous van
which I didn't know about until we used it for the first time the next
season.
Also, I'd recommend a mover. I've got a Reich and it's probably the best
accessory I've bought for the van.

Old November 16th 05, 08:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Reed

Also don't forget to place at least 3 water collectors for condensation in
the van. 1 at each end, and one in the toilet. You will be surprised at how
much they collect. Also keep all cupboards and inside doors open as well...