Ping Paul Rooney: Van frost heater

Old November 15th 05, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Ping Paul Rooney: Van frost heater

I was down at B&Q and saw the perfect thing for keeping a van frost free.
It was a tiny 200W heater with frost stat GBP10. It should keep any van
frost free.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old November 15th 05, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
I was down at B&Q and saw the perfect thing for keeping a van frost free.
It was a tiny 200W heater with frost stat GBP10. It should keep any van
frost free.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk

What voltage does it require?

Please reply to News Group

Old November 15th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:14:53 GMT, "David" wrote:

| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| I was down at B&Q and saw the perfect thing for keeping a van frost free.
| It was a tiny 200W heater with frost stat GBP10. It should keep any van
| frost free.

| What voltage does it require?

240V mains.
You can not get 200W from a 12 V leisure battery for more than a few hours
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old November 15th 05, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 15th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 18:32:46 -0000, "David Willdigg"
wrote:

| What section of [email protected] would I find this in?
| Dave
| "Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
| I was down at B&Q and saw the perfect thing for keeping a van frost free.
| It was a tiny 200W heater with frost stat GBP10. It should keep any van
| frost free.

It was at Euroway Industrial Estate off the M606 Bradford.
There is a display of heaters, and dehumidifiers on the right just inside
the door.

You see what I mean about threads which are both top and bottom posted
being a swine to understand.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Old November 15th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 15th 05, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 15:35:45 +0000, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

I was down at B&Q and saw the perfect thing for keeping a van frost free.
It was a tiny 200W heater with frost stat GBP10. It should keep any van
frost free.

Thanks, Dave. I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm using it regularly at
the moment, but you never know when a sharp frost is going to happen.
I really don't want to drain it - I'm into impromptu expeditions.
--

Paul Rooney