Caravan service-Truma fire

Old November 15th 05, 04:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tom Lea

Default Caravan service-Truma fire

I had the same problem with my heater. Service centre done the same thing
and used a screw. They indicated that this was a common fault and a standard
fix.

Personally I think Truma design is crap. Should be called Trauma.

Tom

"etomd" [email protected] wrote in message
Put my Abbey Vogue 416 2001 in for a service last year at a dealer in
Gloucester (whom I bought the van from) with verbal instructions for them

fix the front of the Truma fire which had come adrift when travelling. I

had
made a temp repair by putting a small wood screw into the surround to hold
the fire front in place. This worked well but had started to work loose at
the time of the service hence my asking for it to be repaired under the
guarantee. Guess what after the service and only noticed last week because
the fire front had again come adrift all the dealer had done was to

replace
the screw in a different place. they did not bother straightening the
retaining clips etc etc. Such shoddy work was unbelievable needless to say
that I shall not be buying another caravan from them nor will I be

returning
the van to them for another service. I would rather do the work myself.

End
of Moan!!!!!!

Old November 15th 05, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
George Metcalf

This is a common problem with these fires, the cause of the problem is that
the installation box is incorrectly fitted during production, the box should
protrude from the surround by about a mill to allow to retaining clips to
locate properly, the dealer should know this and take the appropriate
action.