Temperature in caravan over the winter

Old November 17th 05, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Temperature in caravan over the winter

I like many have placed a thermostatic controlled electric heater in my
caravan to keep the damp out etc.
I wonder what temperature is recommended by other users.

Please reply to News Group

Old November 17th 05, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

"David" wrote in message
I like many have placed a thermostatic controlled electric heater in my
caravan to keep the damp out etc.
I wonder what temperature is recommended by other users.

Please reply to News Group

Heat is not a very efficient way of getting rid of damp, and costs a
fortune. I gave up this method a long time ago when a bought a mobile
dehumidifier. Just need to check every other week to empty the tank. There
is a humidity control that means that the unit only kicks in when needed.

Peter

Old November 17th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 18:51:03 GMT, "David" wrote:

| I like many have placed a thermostatic controlled electric heater in my
| caravan to keep the damp out etc.
| I wonder what temperature is recommended by other users.

I use 7.5 deg C. It seems like a good figure to me.
I set it to 20 for a day once a month and for a couple of days before using
the van.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
Sick and tired of Junk Snail Mail?
Old November 17th 05, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old November 18th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

I don't use anything!

Never kept a caravan for longer then 5 years and never kept the same van for
more then the same period (5 years)

Use a cover in the winter and never had a problem with damp.

Regards,

Paul

Old November 18th 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"Paul Westwell" wrote in message
news
I don't use anything!

neither do I

Never kept a caravan for longer then 5 years and never kept the same van
for more then the same period (5 years)

I think I get what you meant ....... so neither have I

Use a cover in the winter and never had a problem with damp.

Ah .... so you do use something then

I think some people get 'damp' (caused by leakage) mixed up with
condensation which can occur without any leakage. Neither a heater or a
cover will prevent damp and _Ime_ a cover can encourage condensation.

Richard

Old November 19th 05, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:20:05 GMT, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

| Never kept a caravan for longer then 5 years and never kept the same van for
| more then the same period (5 years)

Lucky you, able to throw money at Caravan salesmen.
Mine is 7 years old and I am still modifieing it to get it as I like.