Scarborough

Old August 20th 03, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

Default Scarborough

Keeping up the recent threads of site recommendations, had another browse
through the CC Club mag and fancy a trip to the east coast for a few days,
has anyone stayed at the Scarborough site that has recently been taken over
by the CC Club and can you pass any comments on about the site please, we
know the area well so no need for any tips about the area thanks.

Thanks in anticipation.

Stan

Old August 20th 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"Stan Kirk" wrote in message
Keeping up the recent threads of site recommendations, had another browse
through the CC Club mag and fancy a trip to the east coast for a few days,
has anyone stayed at the Scarborough site that has recently been taken

over
by the CC Club and can you pass any comments on about the site please, we
know the area well so no need for any tips about the area thanks.

We stayed at the Scarborough CC site last year - although weren't aware that
it has only recently been taken over by the club. The site was fine - up to
the usual Club high standards - well away from busy roads and with pleasant
walks straight off the sites. It was very busy when we arrived and
consequently we got a poor grass pitch that was prone to sogginess!
Easy run to the coast and NY moors.

Kev

Old August 20th 03, 08:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Will Hay

Keeping up the recent threads of site recommendations, had another browse
through the CC Club mag and fancy a trip to the east coast for a few days,
has anyone stayed at the Scarborough site that has recently been taken

over
by the CC Club and can you pass any comments on about the site please, we
know the area well so no need for any tips about the area thanks.

Hey Stan,
No idea whether it's CC or not but there's a great place in Lebberston (2m
Filey, 5 miles Scarb), we loved and will definitely be going again this
year).
www.lebberstontouring.co.uk I think
Will

Old August 20th 03, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
BM

"Will Hay"
wrote in message ...

Hey Stan,
No idea whether it's CC or not but there's a great place in Lebberston (2m
Filey, 5 miles Scarb), we loved and will definitely be going again this
year).
www.lebberstontouring.co.uk I think
Will

Do you know how much it is a night ?...i can`t seem to find out on the
web-page
Thanks,
BM.

Old August 21st 03, 07:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
MJG

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:18:46 +0100, "Stan Kirk"
wrote:

Keeping up the recent threads of site recommendations, had another browse
through the CC Club mag and fancy a trip to the east coast for a few days,
has anyone stayed at the Scarborough site that has recently been taken over
by the CC Club and can you pass any comments on about the site please, we
know the area well so no need for any tips about the area thanks.

Thanks in anticipation.

Stan

I think you are refering to the site at Rosdale Abbey. This is the
only site any where near Sacarborough that I know of which has
recently been taken over by the CC.

If it is be aware it is a very basic site. It is not one of the fully
featured CC sites it's just like a big CL. Stopped off the other day
whilst we were out in the car to have a look and chat with the warden.
Very nice site if that is what you want.

Very limited EL points aswell which are alocated on a first come first
served basis.

---
MJG

Take THEDOG out to email me.
Old August 21st 03, 11:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

Stan Kirk wrote:

Keeping up the recent threads of site recommendations, had another browse
through the CC Club mag and fancy a trip to the east coast for a few days,
has anyone stayed at the Scarborough site that has recently been taken over
by the CC Club and can you pass any comments on about the site please, we
know the area well so no need for any tips about the area thanks.

Hi Stan,

The site is at Scalby Manor and it has been taken over by the Camping
and Caravanning Club (CCC), not the Caravan Club (CC). It is only
slightly changed from when it was run by Scarborough Borough Council,
who managed it until the end of the 2002 season. However, it is the
Council's and CCC's intention to improve it further over the next few
years, when a large part of the existing site will become
Scarborough's northern park and ride facility and new areas of the
site will need to be opened up for pitches to replace those lost.

For 2003, the CCC has installed more electric hook-ups and improved
the ablution blocks. The site has quite a few near-level level
pitches and a lot of gently sloping ones. The CCC has also opened up
for caravanning a new area of the site that was formerly (under)used
by tent campers.

I can't seem to locate the site using the CCC web site's Site Finder
but feel sure that it gets a mention in most independent caravan sits
guides in book form.

I live less than a mile from the site, so have never stayed there, but
I will be pleased to answer any questions you may have about the area.

Regards,

Tony
Old August 26th 03, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stan Kirk

TP...Thanks for correcting me on the club, think we will be giving the site
a try anyway as none of the other replies are complaints, only an hour or so
from home and we like that side of the coast.

Cheers.

Stan

Old August 26th 03, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
J.W.Thomson

scalby manor has been taken over by the c&c club earlier this year and was
previously a local authority run site .

john.