water heater problem?

Old November 22nd 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default water heater problem?

We have just had our first few winter caravanning days away. We had a
problem with the "truma" Ultrastore Rapid water heater. Over the 6 days this
was connected to mains. On the last day it became empty and when next used
had to be refilled and the mains had to be turned off to reset it to get it
to heat again. Again in the morning, after two showers, it was again empty
and needed refilling. On both occasions there was water available as it
refilled from the tank when next a hot water tap used. Though frosty the
first time there was insulation over the tank and the cold water worked both
directly and filling the truma tank. Is this normal (we haven't had it
before) or is there a fault? If a fault any ideas as to what it might be
would be welcome. The caravan is new this year so still under warrantee.