Hyundai Tucson

Old November 26th 05, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Guest

Default Hyundai Tucson

Looking at the Hyundai Tucson CDX 2 Lts petrol as a possible towcar.
Any readers of this newsgroup towed with the Tucson etc
Many Thanks
Jamie

Old November 28th 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Rich

wrote in message
Looking at the Hyundai Tucson CDX 2 Lts petrol as a possible towcar.
Any readers of this newsgroup towed with the Tucson etc
Many Thanks
Jamie

I'm towing an Abbey Lincoln 2 berth with the Tucson 2.0 diesel and find it
more than capableand very stable. Fuel consumption doesn't seem to suffer
much, so obviously not working it too hard. A friend with the same model is
towing an Avondale 510, also with no problems.
Try checking through this forum for more info:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/t5560-...van-towing.htm

Rich

Old November 28th 05, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

..
"Rich" wrote in message
A friend with the same model is
towing an Avondale 510, also with no problems.

Really? Are they heavy enough for that?

--
Budgie
NB Reply to newsgroup. Email address will get you nowhere

Old November 28th 05, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Clive Soper

"Budgie" wrote in message
.
"Rich" wrote in message
A friend with the same model is
towing an Avondale 510, also with no problems.

Really? Are they heavy enough for that?

My CRTD 2.0 CDX has a kerbweight of 1685Kg - it doesn't notice the Crown
Crest (1000Kg mtplm) on the back.

Old November 28th 05, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Budgie

..
"Clive Soper" wrote in message
.uk...

"Rich" wrote in message
A friend with the same model is
towing an Avondale 510, also with no problems.

Really? Are they heavy enough for that?

My CRTD 2.0 CDX has a kerbweight of 1685Kg - it doesn't notice the Crown
Crest (1000Kg mtplm) on the back.

Yep, my apologies. I thought the 510s were on the heavy side, until I looked
at the website.