ex display vans

Old November 29th 05, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jx

Default ex display vans

Are there any problems associated with buying an ex display van?

Old November 29th 05, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
smiler

"Jx" wrote in message
Are there any problems associated with buying an ex display van?

I bought one: it had a duff front locker cover and a duff jockeywheel
assembly. Suspect that they had been used to fix other vans. It was sorted
but very inconvenient as it was not discovered until I got home.

Also check that the front steadies are being used by the dealer. Sometimes
they are not as they are then somewhat easier to move around.

Cheers
Smiler

Old November 29th 05, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"smiler" wrote in message

"Jx" wrote in message
Are there any problems associated with buying an ex display van?

I bought one: it had a duff front locker cover and a duff jockeywheel
assembly. Suspect that they had been used to fix other vans. It was sorted
but very inconvenient as it was not discovered until I got home.

Also check that the front steadies are being used by the dealer. Sometimes
they are not as they are then somewhat easier to move around.

Check for internal damage, scratches etc. and see if dealer is going to
repair or not.
Make sure everthing is there, people looking often take door knobs, cooker
and fridge knobs etc.

Please reply to News Group