C&CC tour of Italy '06

Old November 29th 05, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

Default C&CC tour of Italy '06

WE have booked for the above and are considering going through France
(Stopping at Nancy after o/night at Calais) then a few days at Lazy Rancho
in Switzerland before arriving in Italy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Old November 29th 05, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Harry Pleavin" wrote in message
WE have booked for the above and are considering going through France
(Stopping at Nancy after o/night at Calais) then a few days at Lazy Rancho
in Switzerland before arriving in Italy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Harry

Can't see anything wrong with the route you suggest, particularly as you
want to stay in Switzerland. We have been to Itally twice with the van and
on both occasions we went via Autria. Once via Villach and the second time
over the Fern and Brenner Passes. You could go done through Belgium and
Germany which has the advantage of being toll free but is much busier. Have
you stayed at Lazy Rancho before, if so I would appreciate some feedback as
I was wondering about Switzerland for one of our holidays next year. Driven
through Switzerland, without carvan, a few times but other than an over
night stay in Basle not stayed.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old December 1st 05, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
News

This year we went via Fussen and Resia/Reschen (easy and pretty) stopping
temporarily just before Merrano on our way south.
Stayed at Nancy municipal on way back - good site, used as a "transit" (much
like Chalons-sur-Marne (-en-Champagne) but has a bus stop at the entrance
and Nancy is certainly worth a visit.
Several years ago we returned via Villach - many site between Udine and
Salzburg but the Villach area (good country-side/lakes/sailing) we thought
expensive though very good - ideal for families to stay on as entertainment
and organised games are included in the nightly charge.
Keith