Fiamma Caravan Store

Old November 30th 05, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

Default Fiamma Caravan Store

I'm thinking of getting one of these as a lightweight awning for weekend
use.

Anyone got any experience of them. In particular how flexible are they
for use with a slightly curved roof line - 96 Abbey Spectrum twin axle.
--
hugh
Old November 30th 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Heyup

"hugh" ] wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting one of these as a lightweight awning for weekend
use.

Anyone got any experience of them. In particular how flexible are they for
use with a slightly curved roof line - 96 Abbey Spectrum twin axle.
--
hugh

Don't bother Hugh. Mine ripped off the caravan damaging the side of the van
and there was hardly any wind blowing. It was blowing straight from the side
and it took off like an aeroplane wing .It was July. Fiamma said they would
not guarantee against any sort of wind damage at all. It was 10 month old
and used for 22 days
Think about one of the new dome type awnings they stand up to very bad
weather. They are cheaper and more useful than a Fiamma. Check out how much
spares are for Fiammas, you will be astounded.

Cheers

Old November 30th 05, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Pleavin

I've had one for about 3 years with no problems but I do peg it with six
inch steel pegs. my mate got one same time as me and it snapped at the join
badly denting the side of his van.

Old November 30th 05, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

I have a 3.6m model and its the finest thing since sliced bread. we took
this and a full awning to Spain recently and never got the full awning out
of the bag. The bag is on a slightly curved section about with about 1 foot
sloping down and I would'nt recomend any more. I must also admit it is a bit
dodgy in high wind
Regards
Dave

Old November 30th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
andy

In message , hugh
] muttered:
Anyone got any experience of them. In particular how flexible are they
for use with a slightly curved roof line - 96 Abbey Spectrum twin axle.

No experience with a slightly curved roofline, ours is mostly straight
with a slight curve for about 2 feet long at the end.

I think the other posts sum the caravanstores up. They are very quick to
put up, very easy to store and carry about on your awning rail, they're
well made and look (IMO) really good in use.

But on the downside, without pegs a slight wind will lift them and pegs
are essential in even a gentle breeze. We love ours, but take it down
over-night (which is very quick and easy).

--
Andy

Old November 30th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
hugh

In message , andy
writes
In message , hugh
] muttered:
Anyone got any experience of them. In particular how flexible are they
for use with a slightly curved roof line - 96 Abbey Spectrum twin
axle.

No experience with a slightly curved roofline, ours is mostly straight
with a slight curve for about 2 feet long at the end.

I think the other posts sum the caravanstores up. They are very quick
to put up, very easy to store and carry about on your awning rail,
they're well made and look (IMO) really good in use.

But on the downside, without pegs a slight wind will lift them and pegs
are essential in even a gentle breeze. We love ours, but take it down
over-night (which is very quick and easy).

Thanks for all the comments. One chap I met with one said he always
strapped his down.
--
hugh