Roof box for Escort Estate Ghia

Old December 6th 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Default Roof box for Escort Estate Ghia

Hi,

I have got a Ford Escort Estate Ghia from July 1998.
This car has already two built-in roof bars which are parralel to the
sides of the car.
However I can't find any roof box who would fit this directly. In fact
it seems that I still need to to attach two bars which will then lay on
my built-in bars and perpendicular to them. The box would then be
attached to the new bars.
I don't understand then what is the point of these built-in bars,
because I can't attach any roof box directly to them.
Should I remove them and install a roof box made for "normal" cars who
don't have these built-in bars, or should I look for roof boxes which
would lay directly on my built-in bars ?

Thanks.

Old December 6th 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Hi There You will require to buy cross-bars to fit on the side rails, then
the roof box fits to these. Roof boxes come in many sizes, both in width and
length, but all that I have seen are attached to the crossrails and not the
side-rails. I dont know where you are located, I have a set, sitting
redundent, in my garage,I used them on a Mondeo, if you are interested
contact me by email we maybe could come to some arrangement!
Tankie
oups.com...

Old December 8th 05, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Hi Tankie,

I am in Morden in South-London/North Surrey.
I would be happy to trade your bars.

Thanks.