Tyres Again

Old December 9th 05, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Willdigg

Default Tyres Again

Thanks to everybody contributing but I wonder if i had'nt made my question
clear, I am not questioning the principle of changing after 5 years but
wether say a Goodyear at 71 is any safer than a new 45 tyre since hymer
had fitted an unknown (to me at least) brand
Dave

Old December 9th 05, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:18:35 -0000, "David Willdigg"
wrote:

Thanks to everybody contributing but I wonder if i had'nt made my question
clear, I am not questioning the principle of changing after 5 years but
wether say a Goodyear at 71 is any safer than a new 45 tyre since hymer
had fitted an unknown (to me at least) brand

In general tyres of all brands are safe to use, as long as they are
rated at the correct level. I would in your position buy the 45 ones,
many others would buy the Goodyear ones because they feel safer with a
name they know.
(remove the spam to reply)

Old December 10th 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

wrote:

Thanks to everybody contributing but I wonder if i had'nt made my question
clear, I am not questioning the principle of changing after 5 years but
wether say a Goodyear at 71 is any safer than a new 45 tyre since hymer
had fitted an unknown (to me at least) brand
Dave

A lot of buget brands are made by leading manufacturers & sold under a
different brand & they use older tread patterns.
On a car they give longer braking distances & poorer handling, not
really a problem on a towed caravan.

Lenny