Installing A Car Stereo in an Aodale Dart

Old December 11th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Carl

Default Installing A Car Stereo in an Aodale Dart

Hi All

Can anyone help? I have a car stereo tha I wish o insall into he Aondale
Dart Caraan and it states in the manual for the Stereo that it must be
connected ia a 12 olt dc ground negatie. Can anyone tell me how I can tell
if he caraan is Ground negatie or does anyone know?

Carl

Old December 11th 05, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harry Bloomfield

Carl used his keyboard to write :
Can anyone help? I have a car stereo tha I wish o insall into he Aondale
Dart Caraan and it states in the manual for the Stereo that it must be
connected ia a 12 olt dc ground negatie. Can anyone tell me how I can tell
if he caraan is Ground negatie or does anyone know?

Any modern car with an alternator will be negative earth. Therefore any
trailer or caravan towed by it would also have to be negative earth.

If you really do want to confirm it, then connect a DC voltmeter
between the batteries +ve terminal and the chassis - where it should
show around 12 to 13 volts.

Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk