Uk 2005 Nissan pathfinder and Rear Parking Sensors

Old December 12th 05, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hodge

Default Uk 2005 Nissan pathfinder and Rear Parking Sensors

Hi

My new UK 2005 Pathfinder came with free rear parking sensors but no
obvious way to turn them off.

Just wondering what happens when towing a caravan...............constant
bleep ?

Anybody experienced / resolved this problem?

Not sure I like them any way so perhaps one option is to disconnect them
somehow or is there a simpler way to switch them off as and when required.

Thanks in advance

Hodge

Old December 12th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:50:05 GMT, "Hodge" wrote:

| Hi
|
| My new UK 2005 Pathfinder came with free rear parking sensors but no
| obvious way to turn them off.
|
| Just wondering what happens when towing a caravan...............constant
| bleep ?
|
| Anybody experienced / resolved this problem?
|
| Not sure I like them any way so perhaps one option is to disconnect them
| somehow or is there a simpler way to switch them off as and when required.

Mine, not on a Nissan, only work when in reverse gear.
Perfect for reversing onto the hitch, :-)
but a little noisy when reversing the van. :-(
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Premium SMS scams,
SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?
Old December 12th 05, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old December 12th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ALun Jenkins

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:50:05 GMT, "Hodge" wrote:

| Hi
|
| My new UK 2005 Pathfinder came with free rear parking sensors but no
| obvious way to turn them off.
|
| Just wondering what happens when towing a caravan...............constant
| bleep ?
|
| Anybody experienced / resolved this problem?
|
| Not sure I like them any way so perhaps one option is to disconnect them
| somehow or is there a simpler way to switch them off as and when required.

Mine, not on a Nissan, only work when in reverse gear.
Perfect for reversing onto the hitch, :-)
but a little noisy when reversing the van. :-(

VW Ones get disabled when you plug in the 13pin trailer connector.
Old December 12th 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ALun Jenkins

Old December 12th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Normally when they are factory-fitted they also fit a switch to disable
them, Renault do!
Ask your Dealer
Tankie

Old December 12th 05, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Old December 12th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hodge

Thanks for the replies, haven't got the towbar fitted yet, I wonder if the
disable option can be set then.

Meanwhile will contact the Nissan garage to see what they say about a
switch.

Thanks again

Hodge

Old December 12th 05, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hodge

Old December 12th 05, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:50:05 GMT, "Hodge" wrote:

Just wondering what happens when towing a caravan...............constant
bleep ?

Anybody experienced / resolved this problem?

I've not got anything like that nor am I likely to have but I would
imagine that they only work when the car is in reverse gear, which
doesn't happen a lot when you are towing a caravan.

(remove the spam to reply)