Caravan Banter

Caravan Banter (https://www.caravanbanter.co.uk/)
-   UK Caravanning (https://www.caravanbanter.co.uk/uk-caravanning/)
-   -   Garmin Sat Nav with CC sites & CLs (https://www.caravanbanter.co.uk/7566-garmin-sat-nav-cc-sites-cls.html)

Richard December 13th 05 03:26 PM

Garmin Sat Nav with CC sites & CLs

This may interest some.

I see the CC have set up an exclusive members offer for a choice of 5 Garmin
Sat Nav systems with CC sites and CLs network included at special prices.
These systems also display nearest CC sites and CLs whilst on route. You can
have the feature on the Garmin Quest, Street Pilot 2720, 2610, c330 & c320.

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

Richard

Lenny December 13th 05 07:33 PM

Garmin Sat Nav with CC sites & CLs

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 16:26:04 +0000 (UTC), "Richard"
wrote:

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

They are free at http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/gps/gps.html

Lenny

Richard December 13th 05 11:34 PM

wrote:

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD
Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

They are free at http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/gps/gps.html

Lenny

Does this option display nearest CC sites and CLs whilst on route also.

Richard

DaveK December 14th 05 11:57 AM

Garmin Sat Nav with CC sites & CLs

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD
Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

They are free at http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/gps/gps.html

Also pushpins for loads of French sites.
Friend bought that latest Garmin 2720 in Florida and returned it to the
store. Had been told that European mapping would cost $140 but it's closer
to $300.
Also, it's only alive when powered from the car socket or a mains adapter.
That's a lot of use when you want to locate the car in a theme park, or go
on a bike ride.
DaveK.

Richard December 14th 05 12:43 PM

"davek" wrote in message

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD
Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

They are free at http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/gps/gps.html

Also pushpins for loads of French sites.
Friend bought that latest Garmin 2720 in Florida and returned it to the
store. Had been told that European mapping would cost $140 but it's closer
to $300.
Also, it's only alive when powered from the car socket or a mains adapter.
That's a lot of use when you want to locate the car in a theme park, or go
on a bike ride.
DaveK.

Yep ..... charging in car only is very naff idea and limits use(s) a fair
bit. Also, the screen on the less expensive Garmin range is small and I
understand the battery, once charged, only lasts a couple of hours (don't
know about the more expensive models).

Richard

Lenny December 14th 05 07:07 PM

Garmin Sat Nav with CC sites & CLs

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 00:34:26 +0000 (UTC), "Richard"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

In addition, I understand you can purchase a CC sites and CL Network CD
Rom
for installation on 'pre-owned' Garmin Sat Navs.

They are free at http://www.jollyinteresting.co.uk/gps/gps.html

Lenny

Does this option display nearest CC sites and CLs whilst on route also.

Don't know, why not email John there's an email address on his
jollyinteresting site.

Lenny