INSULIN in fridge

Old December 13th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

Default INSULIN in fridge

Hi people.

Wife has now got to "shootup" with insulin and reading the
instructions on the stuff the "spare" viles have to be get cool.
Any body tell me how they get on with the fridges in the vans?

regards

John
Old December 13th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:42:19 +0000, Long tall ugly
wrote:

| Hi people.
|
| Wife has now got to "shootup" with insulin and reading the
| instructions on the stuff the "spare" viles have to be get cool.
| Any body tell me how they get on with the fridges in the vans?

Fridges in vans should be set to between 1 deg C and 5 deg C exactly
the same as domestic fridges. I would get a digital thermometer
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...doy=13m12&QV=P
or something similar so that you can keep yours within these limits.
There are lots of different makes around.

Check that your fridge still works when driving, I think ours does not
but have never bothered to check properly. We just keep a freezing
block in the freezer compartment to tide us over trips.

I would also check your domestic fridge while you are at it, they are
often way out on temperature.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Premium SMS scams,
SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?
Old December 13th 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old December 14th 05, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"flybywire" wrote in message
our fridge in the van is more efficient than the one at home when on site
drawing 240ac

"Long tall ugly" wrote in message
Hi people.

Wife has now got to "shootup" with insulin and reading the
instructions on the stuff the "spare" viles have to be get cool.
Any body tell me how they get on with the fridges in the vans?

regards

John

Does your home one need its temperature setting correcting? Or rear/side
ventilation gap increaseing?

Can't understand caravan or home 'fridges being different in internal
temperature if set correctly.

Please reply to News Group

Old December 14th 05, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
GrahamW

Long tall ugly wrote:
Hi people.

Wife has now got to "shootup" with insulin and reading the
instructions on the stuff the "spare" viles have to be get cool.
Any body tell me how they get on with the fridges in the vans?

regards

John

We have to take our diabetic cat with us when we go away, as he needs
"shooting up" twice a day and, although neighbours were quite happy to feed
the little b*gger when we are away, they draw the line at sticking a needle
into something that is all claws and teeth.
The insulin appears to be OK in the 'van fridge just the same as at home.

Regards, Graham

Old December 14th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dougal

wrote:

| Hi people.
|
| Wife has now got to "shootup" with insulin and reading the
| instructions on the stuff the "spare" viles have to be get cool.
| Any body tell me how they get on with the fridges in the vans?

Fridges in vans should be set to between 1 deg C and 5 deg C exactly
the same as domestic fridges. I would get a digital thermometer
http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...doy=13m12&QV=P
or something similar so that you can keep yours within these limits.
There are lots of different makes around.

Check that your fridge still works when driving, I think ours does not
but have never bothered to check properly. We just keep a freezing
block in the freezer compartment to tide us over trips.

I would also check your domestic fridge while you are at it, they are
often way out on temperature.

I would hope that modern fridges are a bit advanced more than my old
one. It has no temperature control at all when running off 12V from the
car and can get very cold indeed.