Swift

Old December 14th 05, 06:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Strom

Default Swift

Hi.Just bought a new Swift Charisma230 any idea of what the tyre pressures
are can't find them in the handbook THX.

Old December 14th 05, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Strom" wrote in message
Hi.Just bought a new Swift Charisma230 any idea of what the tyre pressures
are can't find them in the handbook THX.

Not had a Swift, but all caravans I've had the tyre pressure as been stated
in the handbook.
Look in the specifications section you should find a whole list useually of
the range just pick out your model and tyre size.
If after this second look you are sure you do not have it get your suppling
dealer to get you the missing document that you ought to have.

Please reply to News Group

Old December 14th 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Hi Strom
I have a Swift Sandymere which is basically a Charisma 230 fitted with
195/70R 14.91T tyres and the dealer quoted 36psi. Thats what I run mine at
and they seem OK.

Tankie

Old December 14th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Gordon Austin" wrote in message
Hi Strom
I have a Swift Sandymere which is basically a Charisma 230 fitted with
195/70R 14.91T tyres and the dealer quoted 36psi. Thats what I run mine
at and they seem OK.

Would wish to have it in writting if it were me on Swift paperwork.
My caravans of late have been over 40psi.

Please reply to News Group

Old December 14th 05, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:24:33 GMT, "David"
wrote:

"Gordon Austin" wrote in message
Hi Strom
I have a Swift Sandymere which is basically a Charisma 230 fitted with
195/70R 14.91T tyres and the dealer quoted 36psi. Thats what I run mine
at and they seem OK.

Would wish to have it in writting if it were me on Swift paperwork.
My caravans of late have been over 40psi.

How can a car tyre use around 26/30 Psi dependent on load (ish), be
lower than a much lighter, less used caravan tyre?

You sure about such high pressure?

Old December 14th 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Simple really, cars have there weight spread over 4 wheels and single axle
caravans, having only 2 tyres to take the weight, are fitted with a tyre
that has a slightly stronger wall and this is indicated by the marking on
the wall, in this case the 91T. The 14 figure being the wheelrim size in
inches. But I could be wrong of course and will be corrected by the more
knowledgeable in very short order!!!

Tankie
reenews.net...