(newbie) local knowledge on sites?

Old December 15th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave B

Default (newbie) local knowledge on sites?

At the ripe old age of 50, I have finally decided to take up caravanning!
What I need to find is a really *cheap* site that will allow me to keep my
caravan there all year round.(Seasonal use, winter storage). Would like it
around the Rhyl, Prestatyn, aberystwyth area if poss, must allow dogs and no
need for entertainment or other facilities (Although an on site loo and
possibly electrics would be a bonus)

If this post is out of order, please forgive!

Old December 16th 05, 07:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 23:17:14 -0000, "Dave B"
wrote:

| At the ripe old age of 50, I have finally decided to take up caravanning!
| What I need to find is a really *cheap* site that will allow me to keep my
| caravan there all year round.(Seasonal use, winter storage). Would like it
| around the Rhyl, Prestatyn, aberystwyth area if poss, must allow dogs and no
| need for entertainment or other facilities (Although an on site loo and
| possibly electrics would be a bonus)
|
| If this post is out of order, please forgive!

Join the Camping and Caravanning Club when you will get the Big Sites
Book which lists almost all the sites where the public can camp, Big
commercial sites and small farm sites, and Club sites, facilities are
listed by symbols. Take care and read *all* the information, some do
not take vans, and some are not open all the year.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Premium SMS scams,
SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?
Old December 16th 05, 07:07 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old December 16th 05, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Colloff

The message
from "Dave B" said:

At the ripe old age of 50, I have finally decided to take up caravanning!
What I need to find is a really *cheap* site that will allow me to
keep my caravan there all year round.(Seasonal use, winter
storage). Would like it around the Rhyl, Prestatyn, aberystwyth area
if poss, must allow dogs and no need for entertainment or other
facilities.

I strongly suspect that the large retired populations of the areas you
mention mean that you are looking in a saturated market.

Additionally there are several factors of which you may be unaware that
others on this NG will be able to give up-to-date details.

1. I believe that year-round usage induces local council tax.
2. Licensed caravan storages usually have high charges which include an
element to cover elaborate security installations and loss\damage
insurance. To get a feel for this try a phone call to the Caravan Club
about the cost of becoming a member and the additional costs of storage
on the few of their sites that give year-round storage.

Once you are aware of these factors you will be able to recognise a
bargain if and when you find it.

Good luck, John.

Old December 21st 05, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveB

In article ,
says...

"Dave B" wrote in message
At the ripe old age of 50, I have finally decided to take up caravanning!
What I need to find is a really *cheap* site that will allow me to keep my
caravan there all year round.(Seasonal use, winter storage). Would like it
around the Rhyl, Prestatyn, aberystwyth area if poss, must allow dogs and

no
need for entertainment or other facilities (Although an on site loo and
possibly electrics would be a bonus)

If this post is out of order, please forgive!

Thanks Steve, will look at them in the morning