Fitting of new caravan tyres

Old December 18th 05, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

Default Fitting of new caravan tyres

Where do most of you go go for this, caravan dealers or traditional tyre
fitting outlets?

Richard.

Old December 18th 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Richard wrote:

Where do most of you go go for this, caravan dealers or traditional
tyre fitting outlets?

Richard.

Tyre dealers - but ring round first to check that they've got suitable tyres
in stock. Tyres for single axle vans need much higher load ratings than the
equivalent sized car tyres.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old December 18th 05, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Richard came up with the following;:
Where do most of you go go for this, caravan dealers or traditional tyre
fitting outlets?

Local tyre dealer, the cheapest ...

So long as you get a properly rated tyre there's only the price and quality
of service to distinguish.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old December 18th 05, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Richard" wrote in message
Where do most of you go go for this, caravan dealers or traditional tyre
fitting outlets?

Richard.

I suspect most caravan dealers sub out the work of fitting tyres anyway. It
might be an idea to ask your dealer who he uses. On my last van I put
commercial van tyres on which have uprated capacity compared to car tyre as
Hitch Lock has already suggested.

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

Old December 18th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:10:26 -0000, "Hitch Lock"
wrote:

| In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
| Richard wrote:
|
| Where do most of you go go for this, caravan dealers or traditional
| tyre fitting outlets?
|
| Richard.
|
| Tyre dealers - but ring round first to check that they've got suitable tyres
| in stock. Tyres for single axle vans need much higher load ratings than the
| equivalent sized car tyres.

All depends on the van. I have car tyres on my van, which have a
maximum pressure the same as the van recommended pressure :-)
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk Sick of Premium SMS scams,
SMS marketing, Direct marketing phone calls, Silent phone calls?
Old December 18th 05, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old December 18th 05, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

David Klyne wrote:

On my
last van I put commercial van tyres on which have uprated capacity
compared to car tyre as Hitch Lock has already suggested.

In a lot of cases, it's not an option - but *required* by law. Bear in mind
that many vans are getting on for as heavy as a car - but the weight is all
supported by *two* tyres rather than 4. When buying tyres for caravans, it's
important to familiarise yourself with the load rating number and speed
rating letter in order to ensure that what you buy is suitable.

[Details at http://www.ntta.co.uk/law/trailers/load_index.htm and
http://www.ntta.co.uk/law/trailers/speed_symbols.htm ]
--
Cheers,