Damp Fleetwood Colchester advice/for sale

Old December 31st 05, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mick Jones

Default Damp Fleetwood Colchester advice/for sale

We have not been able to use our van for 2 years- kids have grown up and not
interested in caravanning any more. It was regularly serviced and well
looked after.
Unfortunately damp has got into it and I do not want to spend time or money
on it. Apart from the damp it is in excellent condition.
We have had it from new and it has always been a no-smoking van with no
animals.
It is a twin axle Colchester 1850- with blow air heating/microwave (1993).
Could anyone offer me advice about moving it on .... Hopefully to someone
with DIY skills who can treat the damp and restore it to its former glory.
I do have some pictures of it.

Even untrwated there are several years left in the van

Mck Jones

Old January 2nd 06, 04:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

Hello,
How much,
might be a way for me to get back into caravaning that I could aford,

John

Old January 2nd 06, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mick Jones

Hi
We have been told that the van is worth between 5.5 - 6K when the work is
done.

However, it is costing us in storage and we will not be going away in it
because our girls want "to do their own thing" now.
If you buy it we would look towards an offer of 1650

We also have a full Isabella awning with a double bed annexe (with fibre
glass poles) and also a porch awning - both in excellent condition.
The caravan is ready to go with gas bottles; 2 aqua rolls; portable waste
disposal; groundsheet, crockery; hitch lock; wheel clamp etc. and would be
open to negotaition either for the caravan or the caravan plus extras.

As indicated earlier, I can supply photos if needed.

Mick Jones

Old January 2nd 06, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"Mick Jones" wrote in message
It is a twin axle Colchester 1850- with blow air heating/microwave (1993).
Hi
We have been told that the van is worth between 5.5 - 6K when the work is
done.

I have never seen such a old van with a 5.5k-6k price, 1500 for a tidy
dryish van this age is the norm...6k...you are having a right laff.

GS.

Old January 2nd 06, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

"G. String" wrote in message

"Mick Jones" wrote in message
It is a twin axle Colchester 1850- with blow air heating/microwave (1993).
Hi
We have been told that the van is worth between 5.5 - 6K when the work
is
done.

I have never seen such a old van with a 5.5k-6k price, 1500 for a tidy
dryish van this age is the norm...6k...you are having a right laff.

I'd disagree, it's a big van-top of tree in it's day.
Thirteen years old, plus the year it was made-1992(they 'next year' date
them from September).
Value in good nick about 2500.
With bad rotten damp- value 0(chicken shed).
Reseal only required; maybe 1200.
DaveK.